Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The thought of being in the same room with the Before You Exit band is actually one of my dream to be in the same environment with them, living and breathing the same air as them too. Toby and I have been hanging out ever since the incident that happened to me and every time I looked back at that scene I never regretted anything at all even when my foot was injured and I was in pain but the point is, I am glad that happened. 

The boys were doing some practice and rehearsing. They were on a month break from all the touring and stuff. I was sitting on a chair as I watched them practice and singing their hearts out into the microphone with passion in their eyes and music. 

"Alright, let's take a break." Riley said and immediately everyone stopped playing and disperse to grab a drink or carry on practising. Toby stop playing his guitar and came towards me with a bright grin on his face. 

"Hey, Jae. Could you follow me to the kitchen for a minute?" He says, removing the strap of the guitar off him and placing the instrument on a guitar stand. Looking at him confusingly, I decided to follow him instead, curious to find out why he asked me to. As we left the basement, we enter the kitchen and I waited by the island counter, my elbows resting on the marble surface. Toby went over to the counter and pour himself a glass of water, seemingly to take a little longer than expected as I watch the water being poured out from the jug.

"So, why'd you call me here?" I ask, deciding to kill the head straight to the point as curiosity began to eat me. Toby places the jug down and turn around to face me, his glass of water in his hand as he took a sip of it which I think is the most longest sip I have ever seen. Finally, he place the glass down, a nervous expression was visible on his face as I try to make out to why he is feeling this way. Was I making him feel uncomfortable?

"So uhm... Jae..." He began, stammering a little with his sentence. A worry expression was filling his as I waited patiently for his question that is making me feel anxious. Did I do something bad? 

"I was just wondering..." He trail on, looking stuck on the next few words that he wants to spill. "If you would like to go on a date with me." 

Everything in me suddenly became turgid for a moment. The beating of my heartbeat was pulsing in an undeniably fast speed as my thoughts process the words he just confront to me. A feeling of happiness came washing over me like this long-awaited sentence I have been visualizing in my dreams finally came true. Realising my muted mouth of mine not responding, Toby quickly added in, "I mean it doesn't have to be a date date. But like friendly date-" 

"Yes!" I squealed excitedly in front of him, cutting him off as I could not contain my excitement anymore. A grin forms on Toby's lips, eyes sparkling as he immediately came pulling me into a hug, surprising me unexpectedly without warning. 

Wow, is this what it feels like to hug him? I thought as I sneakily get a whiff of his cologne scent all over him and smile giddily at myself. Before I could really let myself melt into this hug, he pulled away startling, and a wave of sudden loneliness dawn on me. My stomach was having a dance party as it did many knots inside that I bet it would be difficult to untangle them.

Toby's face flushed in embarrassment as he went pink on the cheeks. "Sorry about that." He mumbles quickly, sheepishly smiling at me. Giggling at his sudden change of attitude, I found it dreamy and adorable at how flushed he is.

"Is Saturday fine to you?" He asked. I wanted to speak but finding myself to only nod, still speechless that my fantasy dream is finally coming true.

"Great. I'll see you on Saturday after my rehearsals." He informs, grinning from ear to ear. For a second there we just lock gazes at each other, both of us in another state of mind. Impeding our moment, my phone beep, meddling our moment we were having.

I grunted and curse silently up in my head at the thought of who could be messaging me at a time like now. Fishing the little devil out of my back pocket, I read the name and notice that it was my dad enlightening me to be back home now as it was dinner time already. I turn to look up to face Toby with a cheerless expression and mutter sadly, "My dad wants me home now, I got to go and have dinner." 

"Oh, right it's seven now. You want me to walk you back home? I really insist, because a girl like you shouldn't be walking alone on the streets." Toby offers, then a smirk playing on his lips. Rolling my eyes, I smack playfully on his arms and turn to look away to conceal a heated blush growing on my cheeks. 

"Come on," he says and gave my arm a little tug, I could tell that smirk of his was growing bigger on that pretty face of his. Ugh, curse him and that incredibly beautiful angelic face of his, I couldn't stay mad at him for at least a minute.

We left his house and walk down the pavement, passing by many houses before making a left turn and my house could be seen. The evening sky was beautiful like it was painted by a passionate artist, depicting a perfect night for two young lovers to have a walk with each other. Happy faces were exposed on them as they talk and talk until there is nothing left to talk about. 

We came to a halt at my front porch. "Well, I can't wait for our date." I said.

"Me too. See you then." Toby said before waving goodbye and reversing back to where we came from. With my head up in cloud nine and my heart racing ever since just now, I open the front door and then stepping inside, feeling the warmth radiating to my body enveloping me. A weird tingling sensation trail down my spine as I slowly shut the door and rested my back against it. All my mind could ever think is:

I am actually going on a real first date.