Chapter 5(EDITED)

I was woken up the next morning by the sunlight streaming in through the windows, but also by something moving around in my room.

I sat up and looked around the room, trying to find what it was that was making the noise. My gaze landed on the fireplace, where a small house elf was building a fire.

I got out of bed and slowly and quietly walked towards the creature. He was not aware of my presence, so I sat down on the floor behind him and cleared my throat.

The poor creature jumped about two feet in the air and spun around, his eyes as big as saucers, as he began to quickly move away and out of the room.

"Hey, wait! It's fine, you don't have to leave," I told him, "What's your name?"

The elf stood there for a moment in shock, before letting out a quick breath, saying, "Dobby, miss. Dobby the house elf."

I smiled, "Well, Dobby, you have no need to be afraid of me, I won't hurt you," I told him, trying to calm him down. He still stood by the door, looking as if he was debating on whether or not to stay.

I patted the floor in front of me, saying, "Here, sit down." He looked at me hesitantly, before slowly walking over and sitting down in front of me. I smiled to let him know that I wasn't upset with him, and he slowly relaxed. 

We sat there talking for a while, I was asking him questions about my family, because my mother (the one that raised me) always told me, "If you want to really know what a rich family is like, ask the servants." In this case, that meant the house elves.

After about twenty minutes, I let Dobby go so he could get back to his work, and I got dressed in casual muggle clothing, black jeans and a light pink hoodie.

I was laying on my bed, reading a potions book (I have to say, I do like potions a lot), when I heard a knock on my door.

 "Come in," I said loudly so whoever it was could hear.

I was expecting it to be Draco, but it was Narcissa who came into my room. I sat up on the bed, feeling that laying down in her presence was somehow disrespectful. She entered the room, her shoes not making a noise on the rich carpet, as she came and sat beside me on the bed.

"Do you like your room?" she asked, looking at me with a smile on her face.

I nodded, "Yes, I do. It's very big. Not that I wasn't expecting it to be big, I was, just not this big, and - I should really stop rambling. Sorry," I finished, looking at the floor.

I looked back up to see Narcissa smiling at me, and it looked like she was trying not to laugh a bit. 

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Of course," she said.

"Okay, what do I call you? Should I call you Narcissa, Mrs. Malfoy, -" I was cut off by her before I could finish.

"How about mother? You can call me mother if you would like to," she said.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd be fine with that," I said, "but, what about Mr. Malfoy? I doubt he would want me calling him Lucius, but I don't know how he would feel if I called him father."

"I know he'd be perfectly fine with you calling him father, if you're comfortable with that," she said.

I nodded, looking at the ground, when I felt Narcissa - excuse me - mother's hand on my chin, gently lifting it up so she could see my face. 

"I'm so glad Draco wrote to us about you," she said, "when we lost you as a baby, we were devastated. We tried so hard to find you, but nothing worked.

We thought whoever had taken you, might've killed you."

"Well, they didn't. Apparently, they ditched me on the side of a road in Scotland, where my adoptive parents found me," I said, smiling.

Mother smiled again, before getting up and making her way to the door. She was about to go out, when she turned around.

"I hope you enjoy yourself while you're here, and at Hogwarts," she said, before turning again and exiting the room.

When she closed he door, I smiled to myself. I was glad she and Draco accepted me as family, I just hoped Lucius would to eventually.

Ok, I know it's short, and also a day late (please don't kill me!), but I was out all day, so I didn't have a chance to post this. Also, I had major writer's bock while writing this, so sorry if this chapter kinda sucks. 

Luv ya, thanks for reading!