Good Morning Son

Peter would often sleepover at Stark Tower, so waking up in the morning to Pepper opening the curtains in Peter's room was normal.

"Good morning Peter, did you sleep well?" Pepper asked taking a seat on the edge of Peter's bed brushing the hair out of the boy's eyes.

"Yeah, good morning Pepper." Peter murmured rolling over and taking his face into Pepper's leg.

"That's good. Tony has made some bacon and eggs, so when you're ready, you come to join us for some breakfast before Happy drops you off at school." Pepper said running her fingers through Peter's hair. 

"I don't want to get up." Peter grumbled holding onto Pepper.

"Come on sweetie, you have to get up." Peter knew Pepper was right, but the bed was so warm and comfy. Peter groaned before he sat up in his bed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. 

"Hot chocolate?" Peter mumbled. Leaning against Pepper letting her keep running her fingers through his hair. 

"With mini marshmallows." Pepper added.

"Hey, Pepper, I just wanted to, oh, sorry," Bruce Banner had been looking for Pepper and asked FRIDAY where she was, FRIDAY had informed Bruce where Pepper was. But he wasn't expecting to walk into the room to see Pepper sitting on a bed with a teenager leaning on her shoulder. The pair looked so happy and, well now it's awkward. The two looked at Bruce, with Peter sitting up straighter and looking alert. " I, uh, didn't know you were busy." Bruce apologized. 

"It's ok Bruce, what did you need? I'll see you in the kitchen, Peter." Pepper said looking at Peter and cupping his check in her hand. Peter just nodded, clearly not wanting to display his normal affection in front of a stranger. Pepper smiled at Peter before leaving his room with Bruce in tow. "What did you need Bruce?" Pepper asked casually as the two walked down the hall after Pepper closed Peter's door. 

"Oh, I, uh just wanted to ask if you needed me to get you anything. Wanda and I are going to go to the mall to pick up a few things." Bruce explained. But now he had a different question, was Pepper a Mother? 

"No thank you, I don't need anything." Bruce just nodded. When the two walked into the loungeroom connected to the kitchen, they were meet with an odd yet normal sight of Tony swatting Clint with a spatula.  

"Ow, stop." Clint screamed ducking his head when Tony aimed a hit at his head. 

"What is going on in here?" Pepper asked. 

"You're fiance is INSANE." Clint screamed running to the couch. 

"That seagull was trying to steal food." Tony glared at Clint before going back to check on the food. 

Before Clint could rebuttal, Steve, Bucky and Sam came into the room from the elevator sweaty and in Sam's case grumpy. 

"What's cooking? Smells great." Bucky asked. 

"Bacon and eggs." Natasha said from her spot on the couch without looking up from her book. 

"Delicious." Sam stated walking over to the kitchen.

"Don't get your hopes up. Stark won't feed us." Clint pouted glaring at Tony. 

"You can have leftovers." Tony said piling MORE bacon onto the already ginormous pile. 

"Are you feeding an army?" Steve laughed. 

"No, but the appetite of an army." Tony said, receiving a little laugh from Pepper who was making three glasses of hot chocolate. 

"I, don't get the joke." Thor said. 

"No one does." Bucky said clapping Thor on the shoulder.

"Come, on, I'm hungry." Sam said reaching for the pile of bacon. Receiving a swat on the hand from Tony's spatula. 

"Stop, all of you. That's Peter's food." Tony scolded. 

silence

"Oh, Peter's coming over again?" Steve asked breaking the silence. 

"He didn't leave." Bruce said quietly, but the room heard turning to him. 

"He slept here?" Bucky asked. 

"Yes, is that a problem?" Tony asked getting defensive. How dare they feel as if they get to know anything about Peter.

"Tony, don't you think that could be a security risk?" Steve asked. 

"Peter is the furthest thing from a risk," Tony said, glaring at Steve. "Unlike you." 

ow

"Tony, you can't be like this. It's not-"

"Hey, Peter." Pepper said breaking the tension that was growing in the room. Everyone turned to the door where Peter was. The boy was awkwardly standing in the door frame, his nervous demeanour making him look younger than he already is. He had jeans, a science shirt, a blue sweater in his hands, and sneakers that were nervously tapping the floor. Peter nervously scanned the room but didn't make eye contact. 

"Hey kid, breakfast is ready." Tony said, doing a complete 360 change with his attitude. Going from hostile and angry to warm, friendly and cheerful. 

"Thank you Mr Stark." Peter said almost rushing to Tony's side. Once Peter was close enough, Tony wrapped his arm around Peter's shoulders and guided him to the dining table. 

The morning was awkward, with Tony, Pepper and Peter sitting on their own with a cup of hot chocolate each, eggs and bacon. Of course, Peter didn't eat all the food, so once Peter got his plate of food Tony allowed the others to have as much as they wanted. The team mainly sat in the lounge room with the T.V on, but no one was paying attention to the T.V, but instead were listening in on the conversation at the dining table.  

They were mainly talking about what classes Peter would have today and crafting a new list for the next movie marathon. It was weird hearing how Tony and Pepper interacted with Peter. They seemed so carefree, loving, funny, comfortable and.......happy. Something that the team had seen from the two, but never as consistent and obvious as this. Tony Stark was no longer the drunken, work-obsessed and sarcastic narcissist, he just seemed so chill. So, at peace and fulfilled. While Pepper, who always seemed to put-together, controlled and busy, was now so, relaxed, peaceful and calm. She seemed to no longer worry about presentation.

How had this kid broken the entire facade of these two? What had they all gone through?  The team not only wanted to know more about this version of Tony and Pepper, but also Peter. But Tony seemed to want the avengers to keep far away from Peter. So, how were they going to figure this out?

At one point, Tony took the dishes to the dishwasher, while Pepper packed away a drink and a small paper bag into a damaged backpack. The team silently and somewhat sheepishly watched as Pepper handed Peter the said backpack which he slung on his back and Tony handed Peter a phone with headphones attached. They all walked over to the elevator where Pepper kissed Peter's forehead and gave him a hug, wishing him a good day at school. Peter smiled at Pepper with so much love and happiness in his eyes. Tony then pulled Peter into a side hug and ruffled his hair, causing Peter to laugh and slap Tony's hand away. The elevator doors opened and Peter was taken down to the garage where Happy was ready to drive Peter to school. 

Peter listened to music on the drive as he thought over yesterday and the strange interaction with the avengers. Peter also texted May wishing her a good day at work. Peter got to school, saying goodbye to Happy and heading inside needing to inform Ned about yesterday. And boy was Ned going to lose his shit. 

I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment.