Lost

As soon as I walked through the front door, I was engulfed in a hug. My mother kept going on and on about how important my safety was but I soon zoned out. My mind could only focus on Peter. A million scenarios ran through my mind, most of them were bad ones. Mum finally let go so I took the opportunity to run upstairs to my room.

      Once inside, I dumped my bag on the floor. I tried calling Peter again but no luck. So I called his house to see if he had gone home.

"Hello?" Peter's Aunt May answered.

"May, it's Bethan." I said, my voice wavering.

"Oh, hello dear! I haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?" She asked.

"I-I'm alright. Listen, has uh, has Peter come home yet?" I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

"No, I thought he was with you?" She sounded panicked now.

"May, have you seen the news?" I heard her turn the tv on. I decided to turn on my own tv, just to see what they were saying.

"Earlier today, an armed robbery happened at the Bank. Luckily, the criminals had been caught by Spiderman." The same man who interviewed me came onto the screen. He was stood in front of police tape surrounding the bank."Crowds had formed around the crime scene, who were then told to get back for their own safety. One young woman in the crowd was knocked over, she is unknown at this point. Before the crowd could crush her, she was saved by none other than Spiderman,"There was then footage showing me cluthcing onto Spiderman whilst we flew through the air."This is what she had to say." My interview was then showed. This was going to be on every news channel and newspaper. I sighed before turning off the tv.

"May?"

"I had no idea. Are you alright?"

"Yes but I lost Peter."

"He hasn't come home! What if he's hurt?"

"Calm down. I'll come over until he returns. He has his phone and his wallet so they'll have a way of contacting you and indentifying him."

"Thank you dear."

My parents also thought it was a good idea for to keep May company. My dad dropped me off, talking to May for a bit before leaving. May and I sat in the living room, waiting for what felt like forever.

       I heard the front door open and immediatly rushed out into the hallway. Peter had just closed the door as I leapt onto him, hugging him tight. He seemed surprised but soon hugged me back. I pulled away letting his aunt hug him too. As he hugged her, I saw scratches on his face, some if which were quite deep or big. Bruises or red marks were also dotted around.

"Peter, what happened?" I asked. May pulled away, gasping when she saw his face.

"I'll get the first aid kit!" She exclaimed before rushing to the kitchen. I pulled Peter into the living room, sitting him down on the sofa. I sat down next to him, studying his face.

"I'm sorry I left you." He sighed.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"Someone pulled me away so they could get a better look. Then the crowd started moving. I tried to get to you, I really did."

"Why didn't you call?"

"My phone battery died." He answered quickly. Before I could ask anything else, May came back with the first aid kit.

"How did this happen Peter?" May asked as she cleaned the wounds.

"Uh, the crowds got a bit rough."

       May soon got Peter cleaned up. It was late by the time we had finished so I called my dad to pick me up. Peter took me to the door when dad arrived, staying silent the whole time.

"I heard what happened with you and Spiderman. It's a good thing he saved you." He finally said.

"It was, wasn't it. I wish he had saved you though. I was worried about you." I said looking at my feet.

"He had bigger things to worry about after he rescued you." I smiled at this as he opened the door for me.

"Tomorrow."

"Hm?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, after school, come here. We can get this project finished once and for all. And I definitely won't ditch you."

"Ok then. Tomorrow it is."

Hideawayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें