00

"Stella Crookskin, District 9, also referred to as 'The Hat Trick'. She's the Capitol's all-time favourite, their ultimate victor." Haymitch explained referring to a young grey-eyed girl on the screen. This brought Katniss back into reality, as she had zoned out after District 4's reapings. 

"And her district partner?" she asked, noticing that her mentor hadn't bothered to mention the male tribute.

"oh, I wouldn't  worry about him, she's the real threat." He stated simply before explaining why. "She's unpredictable, determined and incredibly smart.   

"Smart like the district 5 female from last year, Foxface? Peeta offered.

Haymitch shook his head. "Smarter".

Katniss barely let her mentor take a breath before questioning how the girl got her nicknames.

"The same way you did katniss, by doing something different." Was his response but after seeing the blank faces the star-crossed lovers were giving him, he continued. "a hat-trick is another way of saying three in a row. Stella won three games in a row, the 70th, 71st and 72nd. But, if that's not enough for the title of the ultimate victor she's also got a kill count of 21 highest ever, she won her first game at 12 years old meaning that she's only 15, she volunteered for her younger sister twice and... " Haymitch cut himself off suddenly deciding whether or not to mention the fate of Stella's family. "Doesn't matter, you'll find out soon enough."

Taking a moment to process this new information, Katniss and Peeta sat in silence before being carted off to get ready for the tribute parade.