Chapter 18: Getting My Crew

Rey's POV:

In the morning I wake up to a knock at the door. I open my eyes and I am pleased to see Ben still there; our arms and legs are all wrapped around one another. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before quickly closing the bond. When I open the door I find the seamstress I hired last night to make new clothes for me, she brings me three new dresses that look like the one I am wearing now but are made of materials she managed to scrounge up. I thank her and pay her more than the work is probably worth. I slid back into my quarters to prepare for my journey. I pack everything I think I could possibly need and then some.

I head out to find Finn and Chewbacca waiting for me. I chose Chewbacca because I knew he could keep a secret and would leave without asking questions. Ben chose Finn, something about me training him and using him to prove he's changed, I just hope he is right. I ask Chewie if he can go to my quarters and grab my things then wait for me on the Falcon primed and ready to go. He agrees, now the hard part convincing Finn to join me on an unknown adventure and convincing Poe we will be back in time for the war. I know they are both still upset with me so I know this will be no easy task. The only part playing in my favor is the fact they have no idea Ben is back. I find Finn in the mess hall. "Finn, I am leaving the base to run some errands, as your master I would like you to come with me so we can continue your training at the same time on our journey." I nervously wait for his response. "Sure but only because I can sense that whatever you're about to do you don't want to do alone. Good luck trying to convince Poe on letting us go through." I let out a sigh of relief. "I am not exactly planning on giving him a choice in the matter, meet me at the Falcon in ten." With that, we part ways.

I head back to my quarters to check that I haven't forgotten anything when finally there I find Poe waiting for me in the door frame. "Where are you planning to go exactly with Finn and Chewie?" Poe demands angrily. "I'm going out to run some errands," I say as I slide under his arm to get into the room when I am halfway in he slams me into the door frame. I instinctively wrap one of my arms around my stomach with one arm and grab my lightsaber with my free hand. I can feel Ben's panic as he tries to open the force bond to see why my anxiety has spiked all a sudden. I send him waves of reassurance in an attempt to let him know I have everything under control. "This is why I want time away from you!" I shout, "When you asked me to explain everything to you last night, instead of you trying to understand where I was coming from you blew up at me instead. I think we both need time to get away from each other, to cool off and clear our heads before this war really does start!" I shout before slipping away from his grip and grabbing a few last-minute things and storming off. When I get to the Falcon I am surprised to find BB-8. Apparently he followed Finn and was refusing to let him leave without him. Someone grabs my wrist, I turn around annoyed, knowing it was Poe who had stopped me. Before he has the time to say anything I use persuasion, "You will allow us to leave and return to your regular duties." I state flatly. I am pleased with myself when he repeats it then turns around to leave. I feel bad about doing that to him but nothing was stopping me from this mission. With everyone and everything on board, we take off towards our next adventure.