Chapter two: Missing Twins

Chapter Two
Missing Twins

Stan's pov:

The mystery shack had been closed for about a week now and Stan thought it was time to get it back up and running again. It was quite while they all worked. Soos had to fix the cheep lights, again, but he didn't make jokes or comments to it. Wendy got back to the cashiers desk, not reading magazines or having fun slacking off, but took the job serious and waited for people to pay for there merchandise. I, didn't feel into it either, with the twins gone missing. I dragged people through the mystery shack to foolish beasts, just conning them of money. I didn't have my oomph to make fun comments anymore.

It was the end of the day. I sighed and opened the door for Wendy and Soos. They stopped in the door way and looked back at me. "We're gonna keep looking, do you want to go too Stan?" Wendy asked. She looked tired from last night searching, so did Soos. "Yeah, but guys go home, you look tired, I'll do it tonight alright?" I said.

Soos thought about this. "You sure Mr. Pines? There are strange things out there at night."

"Yeah like what? Bunny rabbits? Relax I'll be fine."

Wendy looked at me and then Soos. "Alright, see you tomorrow Mr. Pines."

"Yeah, see ya tomorrow." Said Soos.

"Alright bye."

As soon as they left I got ready to go out to the woods to look for them. I got my jacket and started heading for the door when the phone rang. I picked it up.

"Stanford! Why didn't you tell us are children are missing?!"

Uh oh.

"Mary! How are you?" I said twisting the phone cord with my fingers.

"Don't change the subject I saw on the news that they were missing!"

"What news?"

" NBS Yesterday"

"What!? Who reported it?"

"I don't know! some reporter named Toby I think."

Great so the family is flipping out, I got the town and the family flipping out now.

"We've been looking for almost two weeks now Mary, I don't know..."

Mary didn't speak for a moment, she was taking it all in. I heard her sniffled. I didn't know what to do, I hate how I was the one saying it all, probably would've been better from Stanley.

"Mary, I'm gonna find them, I'm going out now to look for them again, I got the police looking for them too. Okay?"
Mary sniffled. "Okay, but do mind me and frank coming down and help?"

I didn't want them coming down, it'll be the end of the twins coming down for good, once they see the house and the town. Oh god the town! That will end it for sure.

I changed my tune. "No you guys don't need to come down... We got the best on it, it won't be long now, besides you guys got to work, and take care of the family there."

I could tell she wasn't impressed though the phone. "Alright Stanford, but as soon as there back were coming down alright?"

Great, even better.

"Okay, see you guys soon, ok bye"

I cut her off at the end and got ready to go out to the woods.