Bilbo noticed the blonde dwarf cursing himself, and went over to comfort him.

"She never meant to betray you, Fili. She saved your life for heaven's sake!"

"Yeah? It would've hurt less if she'd left me for dead."

"She couldn't! Ella cared for you, Fili. Perhaps if circumstances had been different-"

Fili jumped up.

"If circumstances were different, we'd still be up in that mountain, never having crossed paths with her!"

The whole house turned to look at Fili at his outburst. Lucky for him, Bard had gone out. Thorin took pity on his nephew and went to him.

"We will raid the armory tonight and be on our way soon enough, my boy." He reassuringly squeezed Fili's shoulder. "The prince of Erebor will have so many beauties at his feet, you'll soon forget her."

Fili grabbed his uncle's arm in understanding.

"When do we leave?"

They left that night, Bard's son unable to stop them. Thorin lead them to the armory, hiding from the watchmen on the way. Once there, Thorin made the mistake of trusting Kili, and his wounded leg got them apprehended and marched to the town square.

The town master accused them of being enemies of the state, which didn't sit well with Dwalin. In his anger, he exposed Thorin for what he was: king under the mountain. Thorin rallied the townsfolk, promising a return of the prosperous old days, but was suddenly countered by Bard, who had learned of the prophecy concerning Thorin's return. But Thorin's promise turned the crowd against Bard, who was previously hailed as the savior of the common folk.

Convinced and greedy for the mountain's wealth, the town master accepted Thorin's deal and the next morning sent most of the company on their way, decked in armor and weapons. Fili and Oin stayed behind with a sickening Kili, and Bofur had missed the boat. Carrying a fallen Kili, the rest took him to the master for help, but the man's hospitality had run out.

By luck, Bard, however offended by Thorin's insults, took pity and let them in once again. They laid Kili on a table, Oin trying to keep the infection away. Bard offered them all the herbs he had, but he didn't have the one they needed. The pigs did. Bofur went looking for kingsfoil, and Bard took his son to get the wind lance, the only weapon to kill the dragon.

The others waited for the two to return, as they had not returned by nightfall. Bard's elder daughter, Sigrid, went looking for him, but only found an orc. She screamed as it forced its way into the house, other orcs finding entry through the roof. The house soon became overrun with orcs, and the dwarves threw anything their hands could reach while the kids hid under the table. The mortals were defenseless against the creatures, when suddenly, two elves jumped in, fending off the orcs with expert swordsmanship.

Legolas chased the orcs outside while Tauriel slay the monsters inside. He saw the orcs leaving and went back to get Tauriel, but she chose to stay with the dwarves. Legolas read into the situation and heartbroken, left to chase the orcs himself. The prince elf reached the docks and began killing all the orcs that crossed his path, catching the attention of their master, Bolg.

Legolas found the scarfaced Orc standing on the other side of a long alley, and the two glared at each other. Out of arrows, Legolas unsheathed Thorin's sword from his belt, swaying it as he advanced towards his enemy. Midway, he got ambushed by two other orcs, but their attacks were blocked by another sword. Legolas whipped back to avoid being hit, more stunned to find his mother triumphantly smiling at him.

She nodded towards the master Orc.

"You can handle one, can't you?" Eluriel teased, and Legolas scoffed at her before he charged at Bolg again.