e p i l o g u e

'Charlie! Baby come here!' Lily said getting into a bridesmaids dress, wanting her daughter to get into her own. Charlie's long hair bounced as she laughed running round her parent's apartment whilst her aunt Monica, Rachel and Phoebe got ready.

Phoebe was finally getting married to her long term boyfriend, Mike and even though it was snowing heavily, nothing was stopping phoebe from having her dream wedding. However, Charlie was not too keen on wearing the dress Phoebe had provided for her, which caused Lily to sigh heavily.

"Sweetie, come get into the dress, or else I'll ring and tell daddy you're misbehaving." At the sound of Chandler, Charlie's eyes widened as she stopped running. Over the years, Charlie had Chandler wrapped around her little finger, they were the light of each other lives and even though sometimes Lily could feel a little jealous of the two's bond with each other, she couldn't help but love the way they smiled and laugh whenever they were around each other. Suddenly, Charlie ran to her mother holding up her arms, smiling innocently.

Lily chuckled, kneeling, pulling her daughters dress over her head as the little girl giggled. The older girl looked at her daughter, cupping the little face in her hands, eyes full of love as she looked at her daughter.

"Lil is she ready?" Monica called to her friend, as she was rushing around with her headpiece on, trying to make sure everything was perfect for Phoebe and Mike.

"Yep! She's all done," Lily called back as she stroked her daughter's hair, who was still giggling, thinking her mother's look of admiration and love towards her was silly.

Monica called back to her again, "you need any help with anything?" She asked the ginger-haired girl, who rolled her eyes at the question.

"Mon, I'm pregnant, that doesn't mean I'm incapable of everything!"

Yes, Lily was once again pregnant with her and Chandler's second child, much to their surprise, as well as everyone else's, but they couldn't be more happier due to the fact the this time, Chandler would finally be around to see his child grow. They were now finally able to be a proper family.

After that night in London in which Lily kissed Chandler, deciding to stay in London instead of accepting her mother's views of what was 'supposedly' best for her and Chandler's daughter. At that moment when they kissed, the pair knew that it was right, it was meant to be.

Standing up from helping her daughter, Lily placed a hand on her protruding stomach, rubbing it softly trying to get the baby, who had decided it would now be the right time to start kicking heavily. Lily was around six months along and Charlie, at 3 and a half, didn't quite understand what was happening or at least what had happened to her mother's stomach. Yet, Charlie, as well as Chandler, had a habit of always wanting to be near or touching Lily's bump, not that Lily minded, she enjoyed the fact that the pair were already protective of the unborn child.

Many times, when Charlie had been sitting down on the sofa watching the television with her mother, she would often lie her head on the bump, often resulting in a kick against the little girl's head, creating even more confusion in the girl's mind, which both Lily and Chandler would laugh at when the kick resulted in a look of shock plastered across the little girls face. To Lily, these whole scenario's were bliss, she could have never have even dreamed of this when her pregnancy with Charlie was happening, but yet here she was, she always thought her luck was bad but in the special moment like those, she knew she was the luckiest girl in the world.

After leaving London, Lily's mother was, not surprisingly, unhappy with the decision that Lily had made, but thanks to Lily's father, she kept many of her opinions of Lily's life to herself, since her father only wanted to see his daughter and granddaughter happy, much to her mother's dismay. But as long as her mother kept her opinions to herself, Lily didn't care, she was happy with her family as well as her friends, and happiness was all Lily needed in her life at this moment.

"You ready to go sweet pea? Aunt Phoebe's getting married!" Lily told her daughter who gave a cheeky smile and nodded. It was then when Rachel, who had been helping Phoebe get into her dress came out of Lily's and Chandler's bedroom, which Lily had given to Phoebe as a place to get ready, due to the other plan of her getting married at a venue being taken away by a snowstorm.

Rachel smiled at the pair as Monica came up behind them, ready although still stressed. "She's ready," she sighed, a gleaming smile on her face as she stepped aside revealing Phoebe in a beautiful wedding dress, breathing heavily.

"Does it looked okay?" The blonde bride asked, looking at her three friends. However, it was Charlie who decided to speak up first, shouting "pretty dress!" The three women laughed as Monica told Phoebe, "well I think we have Charlie's seal of approval."

Never in a million years did Lily think her life would work out in New York. She didn't think she'd find long term friends, she didn't think she would find long-lasting love, she didn't think at the end of it all she would come out of it with a family and she most certainly didn't think she would prove her mother wrong. She could raise her daughter in New York, because with the people she loved around, Charlie would always be loved and protected, no matter what happened.

"I think it's time to go down Pheebs, don't you?" Lily smiled at her friend, who nodded.

"Let go get married!" Phoebe called enthusiastically, already rushing out the door and the group laughed as Lily picked up her daughter, carrying her, almost sitting on her bump. The group descended downstairs and into the central perk coffee shop where they had all met them many years before. Inside stood Chandler, who was waiting patiently for the bride to be who he was to walk down the aisle. However before Phoebe walked in, it was Lily and his daughter who walked in first, hopeful to shield the little girl from the cold. As soon as his eyes set upon Lily and Charlie, the biggest smile graced his lips.

"Well don't you both look as gorgeous as ever," he said to them kissing them both on the cheek as Lily rolled her eyes.

"With this big bump, dunno what you're on about mate, think you much be seeing things." She laughed, placing Charlie down off her hip and placing her hands on her stomach.

Chandler placed a kiss on her forehead, "shush, you look gorgeous."

He was right, she was gorgeous, and so was their love.

The End