!009. that trophy is 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬.

[ 𖣘, JAYA's CORNER
or AUTHOR's NOTES
!a bit of a medium sized /
longer chapter.

— *🕸! •⁂ ,'✰🕊

𖦹 REYNA ALMONTE 𖧷 !point of view! 🖇

𖦹 REYNA ALMONTE 𖧷
!point of view! 🖇

sending a ringing sound racing throughout my head, the side of my temple smacks into the van's glass window, followed by an agonizing vibration. instantly removing my head from the window, i obliviously curse under my breath — massaging the sides of my forehead.

after rubbing the drowsy feeling from my eyes, my mind partially wakes up and i'm met with the sight of my group of friends behaving chaotically, scattered around the moving van.

every year, the boys attend the first tournament of monse and i's club volleyball season and they've never missed one, all of us squeezing into monse's uncle's huge van — it fits ten people, using that van is the only way all of us would be able to travel together.

this year, our opening tournament is in north carolina. charlotte, north carolina. the tournament we're attending is a very popular one amidst the club volleyball world. although, our team didn't get to go last year because of our hectic schedule.

the incoherent rumbling noise coming from the boys accompanied by the humid temperature of the car begins to irritate me more by the minute. reaching over alejandro's sleeping form, i roll down the window and allow the cool air to flood inside.

i look to the row behind me to see mattia watching his phone closely, with his earphones in. while kairi watches his own video, both of them laughing hysterically at whatever it is they're looking at.

the van rams into a medium sized hole in the road, jolting alejandro out of his sleep, the same as the ragged movement of the van previously did to me.

alejandro's eyes are locked to the scenery outside as soon as he's fully awake. although, it doesn't take long for him to join the other boys — laughing and joking around.

completely bored and unable to go back to sleep, i ball up on the seat, with my knees under my chin. digging my forehead head into my knees, i cover my entire body with my fluffy pink blanket. momentarily drifting off, just a little.

although, the nonstop movement on the seat results in me giving up on the possibility of getting my sleep back, snatching the blanket off of my head only to be met with mattia sitting on my seat, instead of alejandro.

looking behind me, ale had switched with mattia and was now sitting next to kairi.

knowing that i'm probably still to tired to hold a conversation, mattia opens his arm while i slide under it — wrapping my blanket around the both of us and flipping through his netflix account on his phone.