Chapter 14: Split Situations

**sets to Gwen's perspective**

Gwen's POV:

During the last few days, Trent and I have been adjusting to an unexpected split lifestyle and preparing for the new season of reality TV.

Although our living conditions are not convenient, we've managed to settle some complications.

I just hope our plans for this season are effective.

**switches to Trent's perspective**

Trent's POV:

Gwen and I are slowly adapting to bizarre situations and random incidents that are known to recur for active contestants.

We've tried our best handling the "unpredictable" and nothing really bad happened so far.

The two of us are prepared for tomorrow and I think we're taking the right actions.

**end perspectives**

Scene at the new campground; at 3:00 PM; the next day—

The new season of reality show competition started and the contestants arrived at a film lot beside a campsite.

"This location looks different from the previous film lot we stayed at during Total Drama Action, yet I wonder if this is the same one that just happened to be remodeled and relocated." Gwen commented.

"I was thinking the same thing because I recognize the setups and props." Trent replied to Gwen.

"We did use parts of the same set from TDA. It's just that this place is new and designed as a hybrid style camp." Blaineley told them.

"So it's a literal 'film camp'?" Duncan asked sarcastically.

"I think you could call it that." Blaineley replied to him humorously.

"No pun intended." Duncan remarked.

"That's the same old Duncan we know of." Courtney noted.

Blaineley had the contestants settle down for a moment so she could start the game plan.

"Alright, I've made a head count and everyone is here. Please find a spot in the gender divided trailers and unload your bags." Blaineley said to the contestants.

Gwen had to devise a strategy for her daughter's care because she couldn't share the same trailer with Trent.

"Since the trailer tenants are separated by the contestants' gender, we will have to take turns looking after Erika and switch between places she'll stay overnight." Gwen told Trent.

"She will be sleeping next to you or by my side on different nights and her collapsable bed will have to be moved from one trailer to the other at certain times."

"I think this arrangement will work". Trent agreed with her.

They then got into the separate trailers and unpacked.

3:30 PM—

The female contestants were settling down and having a conversation inside their trailer before the first challenge was going to be announced in the evening.

"I noticed Gwen brought her baby along and she must have a reason for this." Amy commented.

"Gwen told me about this yesterday and I know why; though I think it's her decision to reveal specific detail." Courtney replied to Amy.