Lucas POV

I was getting ready for a normal day at work with my hero, Henry. The Doc was like a second father to me, well a father I was slightly attracted to. I figured Henry would never be down so I decide a while back to keep things simple. However, I did little to hide my infatuation with him. I did everything he said and spend as much time as possible, which was hard because he was an intensely private person.

I finished dressing and stuffed my phone in my pocket, as I headed out the door. I made my way from my apartment towards my place of employment. I saw the cross light turn white and I took off across the road like a I'd done a hundred times. My phone went off and I pulled it out but not before I saw the lady driving the black Sudan fail to brake.

The first thing I noticed was my phone skidding on the ground. Second thing I noticed was that I was impaled on a light pole. I closed my eyes and willed myself to die. The first time I died flashed in front of my face. I had thought that was a dream.

I broke the surface of the east river. I had never been happier that I went to work so early. No one was in the park. I ran to a sewer and put on some dirty pants. I was thoroughly grossed out by them. I made it back to my apartment but there was police tape on the outside. I dodge across the street to the back and went up the fire escape. I felt like a superhero who just figure out his super power.

I showered to get the east river smell off of me. While I was in there I thought back to my first death and how I had at first thought it was a dream and only now came to the conclusion that it was not. I had been walking home from drinks with some friends when I saw this women getting mugged. The man stabbed me and I remembered bleeding out and waking up in the east river. The next day I woke up with a scar in my abdomen so I went back to the spot and there was a small yet elegant pocket knife. I thought I was just crazy but what if just maybe I was invincible.

I shook myself back to reality and put on a new set of clothing. I started to head out and went to grab my cell.

"Shit." I cursed as I realize that it was outside probably broken. I throw on my jacket headed back out of the building for the second time this morning. I was so focused on the fact that I would be late that I ran smack into some.

"Sorry. My apologize." I looked up and Henry was staring at me. "Oh, good morning, Doc. Detective."

"Good morning to you too, Lucas." He smiled at me. Oh the way he smiled at me.

'Snap out of it Lucas.'

"We got a body here?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"You didn't get my message?" Jo asked. Henry just gave a knowing smile.

"No. Sorry, Detective, had a hectic morning. You know how it is."

"How you know where to meet us then?" She asked.

"He was just leaving his building." Henry answer for me. Jo made an approving sound but I was surprised he know where I lived.

"If you don't mind we have two bodies over here." Hanson called us over. The bodies of two young girls where pilled on top of each other pinned to a pole. The same pole I had been impaled on. It was clear that both of them had been throw from the Sudan. "If he says this ones a murder I'm going to scream."

I chuckled at Hanson's statement but I was the only one that had heard it judging from Jo's and Henry's frowns.

"Mind telling us what's so funny." Jo asked as she leaned in towards the car. I cleared my throat hard.

"No, nothing. Don't mind me." I saw my phone lying on the ground. I walked over to it and picked it up but Henry was watching me so I fibbed. "Dropped it."