His eyes were immediately on the flowers she was holding, raising an eyebrow up at the sight. "What are you doing?"

Lisa sighed and put the flowers back on her desk. "You should've waited for me outside. The VIP room is ready," she said, walking towards him who was still standing by the door.

"Your staff told me you're here so I came to check on you..." Jungkook replied, gaze switching from Lisa to the flowers. "Is that from him?" He asked.

Lisa didn't have to look back on the flowers to know if he's pertaining to it. "Who? Atty. Oh?" She asked back and only received a glare.

"No. It's just a gift from a random customer. Why would he even send me flowers?"

Jungkook scoffed. "I don't know. He's your customer, right?"

He turned on his back and walked away leaving Lisa with mouth agape. She thought that he is becoming more childish than before. He may not look like it, but he is.

One moment, he's civil and mature. And then the other, like a child who always wants his parents' attention.

"Did you meet him today?" Jungkook asked when they were already having their meal. It was what's bothering him when he came and knew that she was in her office.

But after seeing there was nobody there but her, he thinks he sent her some flowers instead. He's sure, it was from him.

"No. I told you, we just met out of coincidence. Can't you understand that?" Lisa argued.

"It's a coincidence to you but not to him. Don't ever try to see him, and if he comes, just send him away," Jungkook said without looking at her.

"Why would I do that?" Lisa raises an eyebrow at him.

Jungkook looked up with obvious shock. "Why would you..." he sighed in disbelief. "If I tell you to stay away from him, then do it. Didn't your parents ever told you to stay away from strangers?"

Lisa scoffed this time. "I married a stranger so what are you saying?"

Jungkook drops his utensils on the table, getting annoyed by the second. He opened his mouth for an attempt to retort but closes it after and sighed. He swallowed hard, clenching his jaw, giving up from the argument.

Lisa smirked before continuing with her food. Jungkook, however, only held his spoon again but didn't eat anything until Lisa looks up again to him and he avoids her gaze.

"Do you have... No..." Jungkook pause and shake off the idea to say what he is about to ask. "Just clear your schedule on Saturday night. We have to go somewhere." He said firmly.

"Where specifically?" Lisa asked back, raising an eyebrow at the man.

Jungkook tilts his head to the right and also raised an eyebrow at her. "Can't you stop asking anymore questions and just trust what I say? You're becoming too casual with me, don't you think?"

She heaved and sighed. "I don't think so. We don't really talk that much until now so how would you even know?"

Jungkook clicked his tongue in annoyance. "You're the one who doesn't talk to me." He muttered under his breath.

"What?" Lisa asked when she heard him murmur something.

"I said you're beautiful. Now, shut it." Jungkook dismissed and started to focus on his food, ignoring the dumbfounded Lisa.

~*~

Jungkook quietly walks down the hall to the bride's room. He wanted to talk to her about their marriage and sort out some matters regarding their contract. Upon reaching her door, he stopped himself from turning the knob as the door was slightly opened, reason why he could hear someone talking.

"You didn't even read the clauses. Why did you sign right away?" A young woman said. He wasn't sure who it was but it isn't her mother.

"I need to sign it," Lisa answered with evident sadness. "Before I change my mind."

Jungkook knew just how she is feeling right now. They both do not want this. But then, he was hoping he could do something about it but after hearing that she already signed the contract, he lost all his hope.

He turned on his heels and walked away dejectedly. On his way to the wedding hall, he heard men talking from a corner after a left turn.

"He's a fool to even try marrying a daughter of a failing businessman. He's digging up his own grave. I told you, didn't I? His success is shortlived." A middle-aged man with a raspy voice laughed and so did the two other men with him.

Jungkook knew who these people are and if some moment ago, he was upset about the contract, now, he's thankful.

***

Happy New Year everyone!!🎉😸💖

I was supposed to update last January 1 but I haven't finished it yet during that time and I'm a bit off as I waited for Dispatch to reveal the new year couple😅😂

And thank G, our babies are safe. For now, at least. I mean, that's a good start, right? Let's just hope that this will be a great year! Let's claim it!!!