One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 13

Start from the beginning

----------

"Home sweet home." Jean sighed behind the wheel as he stopped the car in front of the gates.

The two men on the night watch waved to the familiar faces that stepped out of the car. Levi helped Hanji off the back seat. She carefully tried her weight on her injured leg. It sure hurt, but she could walk somehow.

"What a day." she sighed, leaning her palm against the opened door.

Levi was watching over the edge of the fence, seeing the big building behind it, wondering if you were already sleeping. He shook the idea off his head, focusing on this moment. "Hey, the trunk won't empty itself." he said over the car to Mikasa, Eren and Jean.

Mikasa opened the trunk, taking as much of their supplies that she could carry. She flinched a bit, as a drip of sweat ran over her cheek. Jean and Eren appeared next to her, doing their own part with the unpacking.

"Does it hurt?" Jean asked her, while he reached to take one of the back bags from the pile of stuff.

Mikasa touched the deep scratch on her cheek. The skin felt hot around the wound, but the pain had eased up a little. "I'm alright."

She adjusted the straps of the weapons and bags in a better hold against her shoulders. Eren took the remaining rifle from the trunk, before closing it and taking his leave with Mikasa and Jean. Something caught his eye when they reached the front of the car.

"Oh, look at that." Eren pointed the headlights.

There was an arm stuck against the reinforced part beneath the hood, its twisted fingers pointing up towards the sky.

"I knew we hit her pretty hard, but I didn't expect her to leave us a souvenir." Jean grinned and yanked the hand off from the fingers.

The blood was still dripping from the part where the flesh was ripped when they had ran over the one lonely sleepwalker on the road.

"You need a hand with those?" Jean waved the bloody arm towards Eren.

"Fuck, no! Get that thing away from me!" Eren quickly squirmed further away from him.

Jean snickered at his own joke, before he carelessly threw the limb into to the woods.

"What's this smell?" Eren suddenly wrinkled his nose from his safe distance.

"Look at the ground." Mikasa said, making all of them gaze down.

They noticed that they were basically walking on a wide blood puddle.

"What the hell happened here..." Levi wondered, having a bad feeling.

"Are you guys alright?" the other man asked loudly from the stand above the gate.

"Just open the doors!" Levi hurried his steps, wanting to know what was the meaning of all this mess around them.

They noticed that the gate was partly replaced with new parts, while they waited for the doors to be opened.

"Did- did something got in?" Eren gulped.

The doors opened, and they saw Erwin standing on the other side, holding a flashlight towards them.

Hanji raised her head, giving flashing a wide smile. "Erwiiin!" she waved an arm.

Erwin dropped his tense shoulders, visibly relieved to see her. "Welcome back." he greeted them all, stepping aside from their way.

Eren, Jean and Mikasa were first to step inside the gate. They dropped their back bags on the ground and took a moment to enjoy the feeling of being back. Levi followed Hanji, who slowly limped over the gap.

"What the hell happened here?" Levi asked after they were all in.

"A large group of infected appeared here soon after you left, but we made it through." Erwin explained, lowering the flashlight pointing towards the ground.

"Is (Name) alright?" Levi asked, while looking at the bloody ground where they stood, wondering if the dead one's managed to cause casualties when they made the breach.

Erwin decided to keep it sharp. "She hurt her shoulder, but otherwise she's doing fine."

The look on Levi's face was blank, but he took a single step ahead. "Hurt a shoulder? You let her be here when the growlers came?" Levi questioned his sanity.

"It all happened so fast." Erwin explained his actions. "We needed all the men at the gate, and she was already here. Some setbacks happened, but no lives were lost."

"She could've died." Levi was stuck with the detail.

"Come on Levi, don't be a dick." Hanji stepped in between them to try ease up the tension. "At least she's alive, isn't she?"

"It was your idea in the first place to keep her away from shit like this." Levi spoke past Hanji's shoulder.

"Like I said, everything happened so fast, Levi. I couldn't help it. She was quite stubborn."

"Yes," Hanji turned to point a finger at what Erwin said. "She is stubborn, that I can confirm." she turned back to Levi. "Are you really gonna blame Erwin? I know (Name), and she probably did this to herself."

Levi only shot death rays with his glare.

"I made a mistake today, Levi. I can say that." Erwin spoke again. "But, I've fixed the problem, and (Name) will be kept safe from now on. Everything is fine, in fact." Erwin cocked his head towards the building. "She's right there."

Levi turned his head, seeing you standing at the entrance. "What is she doing? Are her legs broken or why doesn't she move?"

"She's not allowed near the fence."

Levi turned his head, only staring at Erwin for a brief moment. "So, this is your solution?" Levi pointed an arm at what he saw. "She literally wont go near anything that could possibly kill her?"

"Yes."

"And she agreed to it?" Levi was skeptical.

"Yes."

Levi gave it a thought, nodding at the end of his conclusion, impressed. "All right. That'll work."

"I was hoping you'd think so."

"Yea, well, it's not like we had everything going smooth in the city either." Levi admitted to set their mistakes even. "But, we can continue this later?"

"Yes." Erwin agreed. "Go see her, she's been really worried about you."

With that note, Levi left.

Hanji watched Levi go, wondering about the tone of their conversation, finding the last part particularly interesting. "Erwin, what's going on?"