16. 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓫𝔂𝓮𝓼

Start from the beginning

Sirius looked at her for a moment with a worried expression plastered across his face. "If James sees that."

"He won't if you let me go...and stop looking at my chest!"

"I wasn't looking because of that reason! What the hell Ava, are you wearing anything under there?"

"That's not a very appropriate thing to ask your best friends sister Sirius," she said rolling her eyes, it wasn't that big of a deal.

"I didn't mean it like that and you know it," he defended crossing his arms, "put a jacket on, or go change your dress."

"No." If she knew her doing this would kick up such a fuss she wouldn't have done it, but it was to late now and she wasn't going to change.

"Sirius shush." Lily came to her rescue wearing a short emerald green dress that matched her eyes, "ready to go? You look gorgeous by the way."

"So do you."

"I still don't know why you won't take me as your date Lily, I am your boyfriend - AVALON  EUPHEMIA POTTER PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!"

"The dress reaches the floor James what more do you want?"

"Maybe you can take some fabric off of the bottom and put in on the top because it seems to be missing," he suggested, Lily rolled her eyes and grabbed Avalon's hand.

"Goodbye boys." The portrait hope swung open so the two girls could leave. "I didn't invite you James because I knew you'd convince Marlene to bring Sirius, and then you'd both get drunk and do something embarrassing."

James couldn't even disagree with that statement as they left both him and Sirius standing in the common room and made their way to Slughorns stupid party.

When they got there it had already started, Slughorn saw them enter and left the conversation he was having to greet them.

"You two look lovely tonight as always."

"Thankyou Professor, the decorations look great."

Slughorn beamed at the complement even though Avalon knew Lily was lying, she's a terrible liar. "Indeed, the house elves did a great job. You girls go and enjoy the festivities, and I'll be sure to have a chat with you later on."

When Slughorn wizzed away Lily and Avalon looked at each other in relief, they really didn't want to talk to him for much longer. Even though he was one of Lily's favourite teachers, as she had said plenty of times, he could become over bearing very quickly. Avalon looked over at Sunny who was laughing with a bunch of her friends, she decided she had better go apologise.

She had almost reached her friend when someone bumped into her. She almost reached up and kissed him before she realised she couldn't.

"Watch where your going Potter," Regulus announced loudly.

"Shut up Black," she unoriginally replied. It seemed no one pegged their conversation to be anything other than their usual bickering they did during Potions class.

"You look pretty," Regulus mentioned in a softer tone. He looked her up and down.

"Thanks, Slughorn's coming." The two looked to their lefts as their Potions Professor made his way through the crowd, "should we run?"