Chapter 49: Recollection

Start from the beginning

"Thank you..." I looked around and noticed door access to the rooftop. It was locked and I read the sign. It wasn't allowed. Whatever! I can just pick it. I took out my bobby pins and proceed to jam it in the hole as I pick it.

STEP

They're finally here. I'm relieved that they didn't come in talking to a stranger. However, I only heard one footstep instead of multiple. Then it came closer. Shoot, is it someone else? 

"...What are you doing?" I stopped panicking. It was Hayato.

"Lock picking" I focus on picking it.

"Seriously should I worry that you're going to become a criminal?" He crouches down next to me. I just shrugged it off and I could tell he got irritated from the corner of my eye.

"ARG!" I gave up on picking it and threw the bobby pins on the ground. Maybe next time when I feel like it..... I walked over and leaned on the ledge next to Hayato who was watching me the whole time. 

"Give up?"

"What do you think?" I glared at him through my mask. He clicks his tongue.

"Whatever." He flicks my forehead. I was tired of it, I stared at him with fire in my eyes. Then I thought I saw something shocking. I blinked again. Is he...smiling? Ugh. It is weird for him to do this. It was cringy too so I have to stop it. Hmmm. Should I headbutt him? Without even realizing it, I was thinking unconsciously for a while.

~ Hayato POV ~

Is she seriously going to be a criminal? I don't remember seeing that huge coat on her when we first came here. It seemed to be made for males, but I don't know why it pisses me off so much. What made my blood boiled to my brain, even more, is when she refused to take it off or tell me where she got it from. 

"It's cold"

"That's your only excuse?" Whatever, I shouldn't care. When will the others come? It is just me and Rikona out on the balcony watching the stars and the party lights shining brightly onto my face and hers. I could already tell she was lost in her world. Although we were outside, we can still hear the music and Kiwa's not ear-bleeding singing. I guess she's good for an average person..... That reminds me.

"Ahem!" I flicked her forehead and she went back to reality.

"What is it?" She rubs her forehead and furrows her eyebrows behind the mask. I was also wearing my mask. I can't believe I'm doing this. 

"Dance?" I faced away and put my hand out to her. It was silent. Come on! Answer already!

"Did you raid the alcohol?" What? I turned back to face her in confusion. This dense girl!

"No! Can't you see I'm asking you for a dance?!" I stood up from my ledge and she stared at me in surprise. I looked away in embarrassment as blood rushes up to my brain and I felt my ear heating up. This girl is annoying as Taka! 

"If you don't want, then just say no!" My back still faces her. God, she makes me feel angry!

~ 3rd POV ~

Rikona stares at him in confusion. She wondered why he acted like this and since when did he learn. She didn't know how to respond nor do. Then his face was turned to the side and she got a look. She saw his real face under the mask. 

"Pff" She covers her mouth with her hand. She thought he was being shy. 

"You're cute Hayato..."

Then the memories of their childhood flash in her mind. Every single moment went by in a tenth of a second. The quiet and scared Hayato with the cheery and fearless Rikona.