Chapter 8: Family Diner

Here's the next chapter I hope you guys like it !! :)

~~~~

I seriously didn’t know what to wear I searched through my closet and there was nothing. Nothing that could be wearable to dinner, nothing that can impress Trevor “Can’t find anything to wear?” my mum asked, she was holding a black box in her hands “I think I have a solution.” she opened the box and took out a short strapless red dress “ I wore this when I met your dads parents.”  I smiled “it’s beautiful. Thank you!” “I know how much he means to you. I can see it in your eye you’re in love with him aren’t you?” I nodded “I wish my dad could see that.” “Sweet heart I think your dad does see that and because he’s that he’s afraid. He doesn’t want to lose he’s little girl.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                            ****

I decided to do my hair in a pony tail and wear little make up as possible. I put on the dress and slip on a pair of black pumps, I took one last look in the mirror “You look beautiful.” My mother said, I turned around and there she was “So do you.” I replied and it was true she could have been my sister her long brown hair was in an elegant braid she was wearing a floral sundress, a grey cardigan and a pair of golden sandals “ Thank you sweet heart.” She came near me and stared at the mirror “Don’t worry he will be speechless when he see’s you.” I smiled at the thought. My mum and I made our way to the staircase and looked down and I saw Trevor waiting anxiously he was wearing a white buttoned shirt and black pants, he was so beautiful what is going to think when he see's me? Will he think I look beautiful? I took a deep breath and made my way down the stairs.

                                                                                                                                                                                                      *****

Trevor looked up and saw Willow she looked beautiful no, more than beautiful if only he found a word to describe her. He had seen her in a dress before but this time it was different she was more her self. He took out he’s hand and she smiled and took it and took the last step “You look –I mean you look-“ This was the first time he was out of words . He swallowed hard” You look incredible.” He finally said “Thanks so do you.” Willow smiled as her dad came near her “Look at my little girl all grown up.” Her dad said “She’s all grown up now David. Shall’ we go?” My mum said “Why yes let’s not keep diner waiting it would be very rude and impolite of us to do so.” Trevor joked, I started laughing and for a minute my father was laughing to. Maybe he was warming up to him after all.

                                                                                                                                                                                               ******

We arrived at the restaurant, since we lived in a very small town there were little restaurants but from the looks of it my mother decided to choose to most lavish and luxuries of them all, it surrounded the small beach and from what I hear it used to be a farmhouse used by a lot of nobleman throughout the years when finally converted into a restaurant. The waitress showed us to our table and handed us the menus “So Trevor when did you meet Willow?” my father asked “I met her in my history class we just clicked I guess.”  “How did this happen?” Trevor gave a nervous smile “Near our school there is a meadow I took her to a picnic and she was drawing at that moment I realized I was in love with her. “ My dad smiled “And any pervious relationships?” Trevor swallowed hard, I took his hand a pressed against mine “He had a girlfriend her name was Abigail she died a few years ago the police ruled it as a suicide.” My day gave a concerned look he knew he crossed the line “I’m really sorry Trevor.” My dad apologized “its ok you didn’t know.” “Ok lets order diner shall we honey.” I forced back a laugh I knew my mother could tell that I was uncomfortable with my dad asking questions to my boyfriend. We ordered diner and things were going smoothly until my dad decided to continue asking questions “So Trevor tell me about your family?” “You sure do like to ask a lot of questions Mr. Meriwether.” My dad gave him a glare “it’s part of my job son, you see being a sheriff I got this annoying habit of asking a lot of questions.”  “I understand that you feel protective of Willow but you must also understand that I love her and I would never do anything to hurt her.” I could feel my cheeks burning, I didn’t know what to say. Instead I returned to eating nervously eating my diner, I looked at my mum and she knew that this diner was going downhill. The more I wanted this diner to work out the more it is going downhill. Suddenly music started playing and people started dancing “How wonderful David why don’t we go dance I love this song.” My dad gave my mum a glare she knew that my dad didn’t like to dance but of course being who she is she was trying to lighten the mood. “I rather not sweetheart.”  My mum gave him a disappointed look “What about you Willow do you want to dance?” Trevor asked me “I would love to.” We stood up; I took Trevor hands and made our way to the dance floor. He wrapped his hands around my waist “ready angel.” He gave me a mischievous smile as I wrapped my arms around his neck and started dancing. “This is fun.” I commented “Why what do you expect your with the best dancer in history.” I placed my face on his chest hearing the beating of his heart “I always wondered if angels had hearts but I guess I have my answer.”  He smiled he gave me a twirl and I started laughing because I was doing it wrong “I’m a horrible dancer.” “Nah just not as good as me.” Trevor joked, I pressed my forehead against his and started laughing. Trevor pulled my closer and kissed me, he didn’t care that my dad was watching us or that this would ruin any chance of my dad liking him. I pulled back and gently kissed his nose. We returned back to our seats “Wow you were wonderful out there.” My mother complimented “Yea other than the fact that my dancing sucked.” Trevor smiled and kissed my cheek “You were wonderful out there and you do my make a wonderful couple. Trevor I hope you don’t make me regret my judgment.” Trevor’s face beamed with joy. I knew that he and my dad would get along one way or another and Trevor had to do was show that he really loved me and cared for me.

                                                                                                                                                                                             *****

The diner had gone better than expected, I entered my room and changed into a t-shirt and sweat pants and jumped into bed. But I couldn’t sleep I decided to do something I haven’t done in a long time, I stood up and opened the window and took a look outside, our house was located in the outskirts of town it was surrounded by countryside. Beautiful flowers and trees and of course old Willow. I gently stood on my window plain and started climbing the wall until I made it to the roof. I gently laid down and started looking at the stars, there are so many legends about stars but all I could think about was that I felt peace with everything that has being going on ,it felt good to find a little peace. I looked at the constellations and noticed that one of them looked like a fairy it instantly reminded me of Mia and that moment I prayed that she is okay and not to lose faith and hope that we will find her. I closed my eyes and tried to send her a message Mia where ever you are we will find you no matter what I promise you please don’t give up hope.