0.13| "𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬"

Start from the beginning

in the centre of the room they had a large table full of food, Teagan's stomach growled just looking at it and she quickly picked up a random cupcake and bit into it, eating away her hunger and hopefully, her sadness.

but, ofcourse, the universe hated her and James just so happened to waltz into the kitchen at that exact moment , ruining her temporary happiness. with just the smug smile on his face, she instantly felt the familiar feeling of her stomach dropping, her anxiety kicking in again.
for some reason seeing James had triggered some kind of fight of flight response in her.
one side of her brain was telling her to walk away, to let James make his own decisions, but the other side, the dominant side, was telling her to confront James and to tell him what he did to her.

Teagan practically oozed 'dumb bitch energy' in that moment, in a spit second she made up her mind and slammed her fist down on the table, shocking james who hadnt' even noticed she was in the room. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"What the fuck James?" was all that she managed to yell, her anger taking over her need to be kind to James at all times.
james looked at her with a confused look on his face, his eyebrows knitted together, trying to figure out what he had done wrong.

"Don't give me that look, you know what you did to me, to us"she accused, her voice breaking at the end of her sentence caused her gulp and look away, not wanting James to get the satisfaction of seeing her upset.

"Is this about Katya?"he asked, finally getting a clue.
Teagan turned to face him again and sarcastically smiled, clapping her hands slowly, "We have a winner!"she cheered darkly.

James didn't reply and shook his head at her, not wanting to play along with her tantrum.
"Don't you dare ignore me!"she threatened but he carried on stacking food onto his plate, her voice falling on deaf ears.
Teagan huffed, throwing her head back and tried not to cry, taking the angry approach with James didnt work but hopefully the calm one would,

she sighed and all of her hatred and anger fell away, leaving just the heart broken teenage girl that she was.
with a shaky voice she asked him a question she already knew the answer to, "Are you really going to sleep with her tonight?"she didn't even want to say her name.

Teagan saw James visibly still, out of what, she couldn't tell. He recovered and started placing more food on his plate.
he didnt even have the decency to look at her, he just gulped and mumbled a reply "yeah, were doing it in a bit"

Teagan shook her head, trying to somehow hide her sad expression from the uncaring boy.
"Youre a dick James"she half mumbled half cried.

"what?"he asked confused, this time looking right at her,

"You know how I feel about you, why would you do this to me?" Teagan cried in a shallow voice, no tears were actually visible but she could feel them welling up, getting ready to fall any second.

James huffed out of his nose and roughly put his plate on the table, fully turning his attention to the girl who never left his mind 24/7.
"No Teagan, I dont know how you feel because you never tell me, i'm just expected to know what you think" he snapped, he wasn't yelling at her, it was more like he was venting to her.

Teagan would always cry whenever someone would raise their voce at her when she was a kid and nothing had changed. A stray tear slipped down her face and James's eyes followed its path, until she wiped it away, not wanting to show weakness. Teagan pushed past James and walked out of the kitchen. Ignoring James weak voice calling her back.

————

Jenny's house was like a maze, if Teagan hadn't had sleepovers there as a child she would have gotten lost by now, luckily for her she remembered the layout to the house almost perfectly and expertly avoided crowded areas and took the quietest route to where David was, she just did needed to leave the party and she had stupidly left her bag with David.
By now David had started playing Jenny's Grease mega mix and summer nights was playing, Teagan didnt care and tried to dodge her way through the crowd of people on the dance floor. she was really suprised that so many people had turned up since no one seemed to like Jenny at school.

David flipped a switch on his Dj stand thing and instantly looked up when he noticed her infront of him, she smiled but it wasnt genuine and didnt reach the corners of her mouth like her usual smiles that he loved to see.
"What's wrong?"  he asked.

"nothing, Just James being an idiot" she attempted a laugh to throw him off but it didn't work.

"You should go get him, you know?" he asked it like it was a question but Teagan knew it wasn't

Teagan shook her head and grabbed her purse from where David had stored it, "It's too late he's probably already shagged her by now"
she sighed, wanting to just go home and listen to her records in the dark, securely curled up in her quilt.
she shook her head, "Besides, I came here with you and it would be a dick move if I ran after another boy"

david nodded, "Yeah, but you love James, not me" he said so casually that Teagan nearly got whiplash from how fast she snapped her head up to look at him, opening and closing her mouth like a fish trying to form an argument against his claim, but he cut her off before she could deny anything. 

"Its okay, I've known for ages, I always see you two out around town"

Teagan held her head in her hands, trying to calm down her frustrations.
"He's off sleeping with Katya by now, I'm too late, besides if he liked me back he wouldnt have kissed her"

David shook his head annoyed that she was holding herself back from happiness "Did you ever tell him how you felt? I mean with actual words?"

Teagan gulped and stuttered, "I-- not in so many words--but theres always been this vibe around us and I thought maybe he understood it"she confessed to David and herself, now fully understanding that James was right, It was her fault because she just left him to figure everything out.

"Oh shit!" she muttered shaking her head, once again being the reason for her loss of happiness.

David laughed at her realisation and nodded "well youve gotta tell him now" he laughed at her .
"I just saw him walk upstairs"he told her and she instantly whipped around and saw James's red shirt fade into the distance up the stairs.

she nodded,"Yeah, I've got to" she mumbled to herself but stopped dead in her tracks and turned back to David, "But what about you?

David shook his head and waved a hand, dismissing her worries "I'll be fine" he tried to reassure her.

"but I'm such a bitch leaving you here on your own" she sighed, majorly conflicted on which organ to follow. her heart was telling her to chase after James but her brain was telling her to stay with David and be a good friend.

"Just a bit of a bitch" he laughed and messured a tiny gap with his thumb and finger.

Teagan laughed at his joke and nodded, he was right James was the only boy for her and she had to finally woman up and confess to him.
She playfully shushed him and gently nudged his shoulder with her hand.

"Now go! stop your man from sleeping with the russian" he mocked her, she scowled at  him, but then shook her head trying to contain her laughter, "Do you have to make me sound like such a cock block?"

their laughter faded out and he gently grabbed her shoulders, pulling her to look straight into his eyes  "GO,before its too late"

Teagan nodded and smiled,  she ran towards the stairs that James went up until she remembered something she had to do for erin.
"David!" she got his attention from all the way over the other side of the room, he opened his mouth, probably to tell her to stop stalling, but she cut him off —

"you shouldnt't stand there lonely all night, ask Erin to skive with you when you see her!"
David tried to say something again but she once again  cut him off "Don't pretend that you don't, you spent all day asking about her, so take your own advice and tell her you're interested" before david could protest Teagan ran up the stairs, determined  to find  James.

———

AN// Happy 2020!  I watched the bake off special while editing this and I've just gotta say that the cast is so cute!! They're so close and exactly like their characters.
Dylan and Nicola were so adorable her helping him was hilarious 😂

Also Dylan's is just 👌🏻 *chefs kiss*