14. 𝓜𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓔𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

Start from the beginning

"You zoned out again," she replied, "I was just-"

"You've been doing that a lot lately," interrupted Dorcas in her mum friend voice, "is there something worrying you?"

"Guys have you heard?" Said Lily scrambling over and handing them her copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Plummer? That doesn't sound familiar," said Stormy mulling around it her brain

"Either way it must be devastating," said Avalon looking at the picture of seven children, the oldest about fifteen smiling at the camera with two fully grown adults standing on each side of the huge group, "I can't imagine your entire family getting murdered and you not dying with them, it would be painful."

"That's the thing though Ava, it doesn't say it was murder, it says it's an unexplained tragic event," said Lily using her fingers as quotations. "I don't know who writes these things but it's like they are trying to downplay the seriousness of the problem...I mean it's not unexplained or unclear what happened they literally found a Dark Mark above their house."

"It's probably the ministry," said Dorcas, " not wanting to start a panic."

"There needs to be a panic," said Lily. "People need to know what's going on. People need to be informed."

"You know something Lily," smiled Avalon, "you'd make a great Minister of Magic."

"I'd rather die," she replied instantly, before picking up her paper. "Anyway now that that's off my chest, I need to head off to Transfiguration."

"And us Potions," said Dorcas as they picked up all of their things.

"I think I'll give this one a miss," said Avalon, Dorcas sighed at her and Stormy rolled her eyes, "I have a bit of a headache."

"You've had a headache every time we've had Potions this week, what is going on with you?" Asked Dorcas, once again in her mum friend tone.

"Nothing."

"I think Slughorn would be suspicious of you're not in class today, I know he won't be happy, he's been asking about you every single class this week. I think he wants to invite you to that club thing he holds again," said Stormy, "he says that you're not getting out of it this time."

"Not the Slugclub," groaned Avalon, "now I really do have a headache."

The Potions Professor had been trying to get her to join his little collection since the end of her fifth year, but somehow she had managed to slip passed him every time. Sometimes she had wished she was like James and terrible at Potions so she wouldn't end up being another photo on Slughorns wall.