Chapter 12

Winter break. Finally. That meant no more long lectures, and you could sleep in as late as you wanted. Sadly, Oliver has a different definition of winter break. He had woken you up at seven A.M and had told you to meet him outside. You groaned and rolled off your bed, taking the sheets with you. Oliver Elijah Moy, I love you, but you really know how to take the fun out of Christmas break.
*****************************************
You pulled a yellow sweatshirt over your head, and put on some black jeans and red sneakers. After tying your hair up into a ponytail, you headed downstairs to grab some breakfast.
"Oh that won't be necessary" said a voice. It was Oliver. "Oli you scared me". He half smiled. "Sorry, now come on". He gestured to the door. You followed after him, a bit confused. And hungry..mostly hungry.
You guys walked down a couple blocks and about 10 minutes into the walk, Oli holds your hand. You look up at him, confused. He looks straight ahead, his face a little red. You approach a diner, and Oliver stops you. "Wait here", he says. "Ok..?" He goes in and soon returns with a brown paper bag in one hand and a coffee cup in the other.
"Follow me, milady". Ok something was definitely up. Milady?
"Oli, are you ok?" He turns around and steps closer to you. "When I'm with you I'm always ok".
You follow him to his house, and up the stairs. You don't see Seb or anyone else. Mateo's probably at his piano lessons, and Natalia is probably at work. "Y/n? Did you hear me? I said we're going to the rooftop".
"O-oh coming". You watched as he went up, then mimicked his moves to get to the shaft part of the roof. You guys sat down and looked at the sky and the clouds while eating breakfast he bought from the diner.
"Isn't this nice?" Said Oli, taking a sip of his coffee.
"Yeah, thanks for this".
"No problem" he says, half smiling.
You guys finish eating and just talk. It's actually really peaceful, simple. Just like old times. You lay your head on his shoulder, and he pulls you in. And there's no more talking. You can feel the sun on your face, but it's a pretty cool day for Florida.
"Oliver..I just have to ask, why'd you do all of this?"
He opens his mouth to speak then hesitates.
Looking away, he mumbles something.
"Huh?"
"Because I like you. You should know this by now. Sure I've had feelings for Tessa in the past but now I like you.."
Your speechless. "Wait, hold on, back up, rewind. You liked TESSA?" He blushes slightly.
"Yeah, last year I had a major crush on her". You laugh-smile.
"Dude! This is great! Because she likes you!"
His eyes widen, but then he looks away.
"Why are you encouraging this? You really don't love me?"
You give him a little smile.
"I love you ok? With all my heart. But I just feel like.." You pause and sigh. "I just feel like, if we dated..and things didn't work out, our entire friendship would be ruined. A-and I care about you too much to let that happen."
There's a silence, all you can hear are cars and birds in the distance.
"Then why did you want to date Seb?"
"...Because even though Seb and I are great friends, I've never thought of him as only a friend. Since I met him I've had a crush on him. I know usually..the best relationships are based on friendship, but I had my mind on Seb, and I had no idea you liked me."

Oli stays quiet for the longest time. You start to think that maybe you should've kept this to yourself, that he wasn't ready to hear the truth about why you two could never be together. But then, he finally speaks.
"I-i..understand".
"Oli are you ok?"
He smiles. "Yeah, I'm actually ok. I feel like I can finally let go of all the heartache and move on you know?"

You smile and playfully punch him in the shoulder. "Finally dude, I dunno why it took you so long to get over me. I'm not exactly the movie star, model type of girl".
He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, you're better, your you."

He stands up. "Well this..was supposed to be a date, but I'm glad it turned out to be better than a date". He offers his hand to you and you take it.
"Yeah, I get ya Oli. But I do have one question".
You guys stand on the roof face to face, and your a little bit scared to let go of him.
"Ya, what's your question?"
"..."
"If you want to pursue Tessa, would you mind if I asked out Seb?"

Oliver, at first, doesn't say anything. Then he smiles. "Yeah, go ahead and fulfill my ship".
You laugh. "You ship us?"
"Well now I do. Besides I would rather you end up with Seb than some random jerk that doesn't deserve you".
"Haha I guess".
"Ok now let's go before you fall to your doom and you never get to have kids with Tessa".
"Wait wha-"
"Nothing!" You say and rush down.