Chapter 2

The next day, Jiang Cheng woke up confused. He then remembered he fell asleep listening to XiChen's music and jumped up. Realising he slept in XiChen's room, on XiChen's bed, he felt heat rising to his face as he blushed.

Just then, Lan XiChen walked into his room. He had to talk with Lan QiRen, despite not wanting to leave Jiang Cheng's side. Lan XiChen looked at Jiang Cheng and stifled a laugh.

It's been so long since he last saw Jiang Cheng looking messy. XiChen noticed that his face was red and found it cute. 'So that's how he looks like when he wakes up' XiChen thought, though he was sad that he couldn't see Jiang Cheng waking up.

"You're up?" XiChen asked with a smile while heading to the table to pour two cups of two.

"Yea... Umm.... So-Sorry for disturbing..." Jiang Cheng stammered, feeling a little embarrassed and shy. He felt like he lost his respected impression and to make it worse, in front of XiChen. Trying to fix his robes, he walked over to the table and gladly took a cup of tea.

"WanYin, I have to go to CaiYi Town today. Would you come with me?" XiChen asked, hoping they could spend a little alone time.

"Sure" Jiang Cheng replied cooly, but was feeling happy. All these years, he only had XiChen to hang out with and it was fun and comfortable, though not often.

They set off to CaiYi Town and looked around as they ate. They had their usual comfortable silence around them.

Lan XiChen bought all the things he needed and very quickly, night time had already arrived and they decided to stay at an inn. "Lan Huan, why did you buy wine?"

"It's for you. It's been some time since you drank right?" XiChen said with a smile while pouring wine for Jiang Cheng.

"Ye-Yea... Thanks" Jiang Cheng replied, a little hesitant. He was afraid of getting drunk and showing XiChen his drunk side.

As Jiang Cheng drank, he started ordering for more wine. XiChen got worried and wondered if it was a good idea to let Jiang Cheng drink wine. "WanYin, are you alright?"

"Wei WuXian..." Jiang Cheng mumbled, making XiChen feel a little jealous.

"What about Wei Gong Zi?" XiChen asked.

"Wei... Wei WuXian you asshole... How could you... Why... Why did you let Jie die like that... Even though in the end it wasn't your goddamn fault... Stupid golden core..." Jiang Cheng mumbled by himself.

XiChen moved over beside him and shook him. "WanYin, are you alright?"

Jiang Cheng looked up and saw XiChen "Huan... Huan, this is Wei WuXian's favourite wine... Why does Wei WuXian make me feel like that?"

XiChen looked at Jiang Cheng. He was shocked by Jiang Cheng calling him just 'Huan'. It sounded nice and close. XiChen smiled at Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng frowned a little and said "Stop being handsome", which made XiChen both surprised and happy.

After Jiang Cheng continued rambling and got knocked out, XiChen then carried Jiang Cheng bridal style. This is something he always wanted to do, since he often saw Lan Zhan carrying Wei Ying this way.

XiChen carried Jiang Cheng to the room and placed him on the bed. He turned around to leave but Jiang Cheng held onto his sleeve "Don't leave me..."

XiChen looked at Jiang Cheng and said "I won't, I'll go grab towels". However, Jiang Cheng didn't let go.

"Don't go..." Jiang Cheng mumbled. XiChen smiled and sat beside him though he wondered who Jiang Cheng was really saying that too.

Jiang Cheng snuggled against XiChen's lap and XiChen smiled while stroking his hair. "WanYin, you're so cute even when you're drunk but... don't blame yourself too much. I know you're hurting and it hurts seeing you like that..."

Jiang Cheng smiled a little, though XiChen didn't know if he actually heard it. Only when Jiang Cheng loosened his grip, XiChen went to get the towels to clean him up.

XiChen spent most of his time staring lovingly at Jiang Cheng. He never had this chance often. In fact, this was only his third chance to watch Jiang Cheng.

His first chance was when Jiang Cheng stayed over at Cloud Recesses and XiChen went to his room to find him but he was sleeping. XiChen ended up staying there till dawn.

XiChen laid beside Jiang Cheng. 'Just for a while' He thought as he observed every inch of Jiang Cheng's face. Time passed and XiChen fell asleep too, beside Jiang Cheng.

The next day, Jiang Cheng woke up, groaning a little. He then realised that XiChen was sleeping beside him. His face flushed as he looked at Lan XiChen.

After admiring for some time, Jiang Cheng could not help but lift his hand, reaching out to touch XiChen's face.

However, he was caught mid air when XiChen opened his eyes. Jiang Cheng blushed and panicked "I... I... Wh-... Why... Why are you here!"

XiChen slowly sat up. Beneath his calm face he panicked 'Oh no, I fell asleep here last night. Does WanYin hate it?'

"Sorry, I must have fell asleep here" XiChen said as he got up. XiChen then said with a smile "Wash up first then we'll set off" before leaving the room.

Jiang Cheng felt a little disappointed. Was sleeping beside him so insignificant that it deserved no reaction?!

At the same time XiChen stood outside, trying to calm down, sincerely hoping Jiang Cheng's attitude towards him won't change.

The way back to Cloud Recesses was a little awkward nevertheless Lan XiChen tried to ease it. "WanYin, want to night hunt together?"

"With the juniors?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"That or alone" XiChen said with a smile.

Jiang Cheng blushed 'How dangerous' He thought to himself. "Sure"

"With the juniors?" XiChen asked back.

Jiang Cheng panicked as the question was shot back at him. "A-Anything!"

XiChen smiled at him panicking as he thought to himself 'Of course it'll only be the two of us'