"Squeeze," he said and she did.

Again and again he pulled from her and with the binding she did before, she soon grew lightheaded. She slumped against Caleb and he muttered an oath.

"Hold her or break his bite." The words were distant.

Was she dying? Would she see them? Would she see him?

The night grew darker and she was so cold. So sleepy.

The thing holding her up let go and she was caught in warm arms.

"Elliot," she whispered.

"Still Caleb." Something stroked the burning pain on her arm and she just wanted to sleep.

"Jonathan, I would offer, but I'm older."

"Caleb, I was made by a god."

"You win." There was a laugh. Couldn't they let her sleep? "It's going to make her feel... things."

"Then you win."

Something hot dripped on her lips. "Come on, sweetheart. Open your mouth. Open, damn it."

She tried and finally, she was able to part her lips. Flesh pressed against her and she swallowed. Swallowed again and again before he pulled away. Her eyes opened slowly and she blinked at Jonathan.

"I would give you more, but, I'm not trying to turn you into one of us." She twisted at the warm breath on her cheek. His blue eyes stroked her and she knew she had his blood in her mouth. "You were close to empty."

She nodded, reaching for him, then she remembered. Elliot. Kian.

"How is he?"

He nodded toward the body beside her. "Have a look."

She turned and took a deep breath. He was still a mess, but even as she watched, the rips were slowly closing and he didn't look quite so... dead.

"He'll be fine. He might sleep for a couple of weeks, but yes, you are pretty potent."

She got to her feet. "I'm the descendant of the goddess of the night. I better be."

Jonathan stood, holding the unconscious man. He slid him into the backseat before climbing in behind him.

"You want shotgun or do you hate me?"

"You left them. I could hate you for that. But I know how commanding he can be. You also cut me instead of biting me. I may respect you for that. I'll take the front seat."

She climbed up into the seat and fastened her seatbelt. Before he even had the truck cranked, she was asleep.

~~~ 

Her dreams were tortured, terrible things. In them, the truck got stuck on the ramp, unable to back away. Elliot watched her as the vampires tore into him and this time, she could plainly read what was in those eyes. Her fault. Over and over, light brown screamed those words at her as he was pulled to pieces in front of her.

Or, there was the one in which he and Nikolas fought their way to the truck, only for Caleb to move it a few feet away, time and time again. And once again, she got to watch them die.

She wanted to wake up. Wanted to sit up and scream at the unfairness of it all.

Elliot's voice in her brain. What's fair about...

Why were her dreams about Elliot? She cared for Nikolas as well. Ahh, but she didn't love him yet, did she? Not yet, but she could have.

Another dream, this time she was sitting on Nikolas, watching Elliot while she bonded the other. His eyes were focused on her, but her attention was pulled by the vampires that swarmed down the chimney.