A hot trail of her blood trickled down her skin and even it felt incredibly sensual.

"Elliot." There was a voice. A voice she knew.

The one holding her groaned again, biting harder and she moaned at the intensifying pleasure. Higher she flew. Higher.

"Elliot, stop!"

"No," she cried out, holding him tighter, fingers weaving through his hair. She didn't want it to end.

"Stop!"

She felt the shudder run through his body before his fangs eased from her flesh and she could have wept from the disappointment. "No," she whispered as his tongue swept the side of her throat and she knew she was healing. It was over.

"Did I hurt you?" he asked.

She shook her head, unable to speak through the unfulfilled ecstasy he left her in. Then she nodded.

His arms wrapped around her and pulled her against his chest. "I meant physically."

She shrugged. "A little." She couldn't meet his eyes. Not when she did everything but beg him to take her life. "But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting."

His next question was directed at Nikolas."Did I take too much?"

She did look at him then. "You can't tell?" The smear of her blood from the corner of his lips didn't bring the fear that she thought it would. Why should it? She wanted him to do it.

"Most of the time, but Chevonne, I have to admit it. I've never, in my long life, tasted anyone like you. It was so easy to get lost in that taste. In the way you feel." He touched his lips to her head.

Nikolas sat beside them on the couch and cleared his throat. "Almost." He glanced at Chevonne's throat, his eyes as black as hers. "You might want to take care of that."

She frowned. "He healed me."

"Not that, lovely. The mess he made."

She glanced down at the end of the trail of red.

Nikolas stood up suddenly. "I've got to go out. Will you not do anything stupid while I'm gone?" He took in both Elliot and herself with his look.

"What's wrong?" she asked, not wanting him to leave. He had grown important to her as well.

"I can't be in here when you drink. Your scent is already driving me crazy. When you drink from him, that's going to skyrocket and I promise you that I'll do something stupid." He took a deep breath and she could see the tremor run through his body.

"Is it my..."

He shot her a look that dried up her words. "It's a combination of things. And I really don't think you are ready for what's on my mind." He ran a hand through his hair "Fucking hell."

She got to her feet and Elliot stood, wrapping his arms around her chest. "Let him go, Chevonne."

"If I did something wrong, I apologize."

Nikolas gave her a wicked smile. "No, you did everything right."

Elliot spoke again. "I'm going to take her elsewhere for this. When the others come back, please assure them that she lives and that Jonathan might want to stay away from this room for a couple of days."

Nikolas nodded once before turning and almost running from the room.

Elliot bent and swept Chevonne into his arms.

~~~ 

"How do you want to do this?" he asked as he he kicked the door closed behind them. He set her on her feet and kissed her forehead.