>>>

I walked out of the tent at around dawn. I was still getting used to sleeping in. Outside, I saw Haru combing his hair that was now longer than mine.

With a small smile, I joined him. "Good morning."

His eyebrows slightly lifted at my appearance, but then settled. Haru's smile was wide. "Good morning. You're up early."

"I'm still trying to get used to this sleeping schedule. But I can say the same about you."

"Back at the village, this was the usual time my father and I woke up. It's just a habit now."

"I see." I looked down at my reflection in the large bowl of water. "Gee, do I look a mess." I chuckled.

"You look beautiful." Haru said so nonchalantly; likes he's said it to me so many times before.

I noticed my cheeks flush. "Thank you. Even more considering how early it is."

"That doesn't matter." He said. We both softly smiled at each other before we heard some commotion coming from the opposite direction.

"Have you talked to Ruka?" Sokka asked Zuko. Haru and I walked over to them together.

"Talked to me about what?" I asked. Zuko and Katara both turned around to face me. Zuko looked guilty while Katara looked upset.

"Our sister wants to go find the guy who killed mom!" My brother exclaimed. I furrowed my brows, "You what?"

"I know how to find him." Zuko said.

"I don't care." I looked away from him to face Katara. "What are you going to do when you see him? Ask him why he did it? Yell at him until his ears bleed?"

"Give him what he deserves." My sister said, her voice deep and serious.

"And then what? Come back and continue on with life? It doesn't work like that, Katara."

"It worked with him!"

"He is a cold hearted murderer! Don't stoop down to his level!"

Katara crossed her arms. "Y'know before, you would've jumped on this."

"Yes, before. I've changed in the last year if you haven't noticed, Katara." I said.

Katara scoffed. "I knew you guys wouldn't understand."

"We do understand!" Aang said. "You're feeling unbelievable pain and range. How do you think I felt about the sand benders when they stole Appa? How do you think I felt about the Fire Nation when I found out what happened to my people?"

"She needs this, Aang." Zuko cut in. "This is about getting closure and justice."

"I don't think so. I think it's about getting revenge."

"Fine! Maybe it is! Maybe that's what I need." Katara confessed. "Maybe that's what he deserves."

"Katara... you sound like Jet." Aang said.

"It's not the same. Jet attacked the innocent! This man - he's a monster!"

"Katara, she was our mother too." Sokka stepped in. "But I think they might be right."

Katara pointed her finger at the two of us. "Then you didn't love her the way I did!"

I watched Sokka's expression fall into disbelief and clear hurt. "Katara..." He breathed out.

This sparked something in me.

I grabbed her wrist tightly and stepped closer to her, our faces inches apart. "Hey, you wanna play that game - fine. But this is on your conscious. Do what you desire and get the hell out of here already."

When she snatched her wrist away, I looked behind her at Zuko. "Don't forget to take him with you."

I shoved passed my sister. "Let's go Haru." From the corner of my eye, I could see Zuko follow me with his eyes. They seemed to be full of regret. But I ignored it.