CPR.

Tony's thoughts spiralled as he realised how much time he had wasted when he should have been trying to save Peter.  

Tony lays him down and links his hands together, with shaking hands he begins the compressions, 30 deep compressions that shatter Tony's heart when he hears Peters ribs break under the force of it. This was never meant to happen, he should never have to give his own child CPR.

He stops compressions and takes a deep breath before giving Peter two rescue breaths. With his hands still shaking he reaches for Peters pulse point and watches Peters chest with baited breath, hoping and praying he'll feel a heart beat and see the rise and fall of his chest. 

But there is nothing. 

His hands move back down and he continues.

Peter looks so, so pale. His eyes are sunken in, water droplets dripping slowly down his lifeless face. Blood has mixed with the water sliding down his face. His eyes are closed, bambi eyes nowhere to be seen, no smile gracing his lips and lighting up the world, suddenly the world around Tony is a lot darker, like it's lost its sun.

It feels like years Tony has been doing this, feeling with every second that passes more desperation light up his chest. 

Tony's arms ache with the constant movement but he won't stop. 

He can't stop. 

Tony's shaking hands push down on his pulse point. 

There, he feels it, a light flutter against his fingers, but it's barely there; not yet strong enough to continue on it's own. Pumping down a few more times and blowing some air into his chest, hope rises within him as Tony feel his heart beat become stronger.

Suddenly Peter is shooting into a sitting position, he starts to cough roughly as water starts to drip from his mouth. Tony pulls him close ignoring the water and blood that drips on to him. 

After coughing violently for multiple moments he starts to slow, Tony rubs his back in a calming motion also trying to keep his own emotions in check. 

Peter starts to fall deeper into Tony's arms, Peter lifts his head lazily with drooping bambi eyes, pain is evident in his innocent eyes as they close once again and his head lulls against Tonys chest.

Tony cards his hand through Peters wet and cold hair, keeping his body close to Tony. 

Tony settles his fingers on Peters pulse point again, letting out a shaky breath when he still feel the steady thrum of Peter's heart. 

Tony knows he has to help him, remembering him telling me that spiders can't thermoregulate. Tony can feel Peter shiver against him, the coldness from Peter seeming to seep into Tony.

Gently, Tony picks him up and gets back into his suit, whispering reassuring words to Peter. 

Tony keeps a tight grip on Peter, not wanting to take a chance of Peter falling. Thoughts race through his head as he thinks of secondary drowning, hypothermia, and so much more. 

Flying into the sky, Tony hastily says "FRI, get Bruce on the line. Now."

There is no reply, other than the ring of a dial tone and Bruce's face pop into Tonys's line of suit, letting Tony know Bruce is being called. 

A couple rings pass and Tony can feel his heart beat quicken at the prospect that maybe he won't answer and isn't around. 

Just as Tony is about to lose hope, Bruce's voices rings out through his helmet. "Tony what is it, I just got to sleep," his groggy voice replies to Tony. 

A sigh of relief escapes his lips as Tony tightens his hold on Peter. 

"It's Pete. H-he fell into a lake. I- Bruce I had to give him CPR, just p-please get the medbay ready," Tony responds, still shocked and stunned as to what happened, the concern still strong for the young spider in his arms. 

Tony hears Bruce gasp and some movement before Bruce hastily replies "Okay, just hurry Tony, we don't know what internal damage he could have suffered."

Tony doesn't reply, just hangs up and starts going faster, very conscious of the blood that seems to be cascading down Peters back and face at an alarming rate. 

-

 As soon as Tony lands he jumps out of his suit, holding Peter tighter as Tony can feel how cold Peter has gotten.

"It's alright Underoos, I got you, you'll be okay now," Tony whispers to him, trying to make him feel safer, even if Peter can't hear him. 

Tony runs into the medbay, Bruce already standing anxiously there, equipment and nurses all around him. 

Tony lays Peter carefully onto the bed, slowly laying his head onto the pillow. 

As soon as Tony is no longer touching him, Peter is crowded by nurses taking blood, checking his heart rate, hooking him up to all the machines and injecting him with an array of medicines.

Bruce grabs Tonys arm, pulling him back slightly and making Tony look at him.

"What happened? I need details to be able to help him," Bruce speaks desperately, looking at Tony to Peter who is laying still in the bed, machines beeping, blood still falling and lips turning blue, his hair now dry, caked in blood and dirt. 

Tony tells him, everything. 

From the vulture, to the fall, to Tony getting to him and having to give him CPR, trying desperately to save him. 

Of course Tony can't give him the full details, as even he doesn't know, all he knew was the vulture got him and chucked him into the frozen lake. 

With every new detail said, Bruce's face seems to lose more and more colour. 

Once Tony is done, Bruce looks at Tony with a sad look in his eyes and says "I'm sorry Tony, but I need you to leave so we can concentrate on trying to help Peter".  

Tony looks to Peter then back to Bruce's pleading face, reluctantly he turns away, wanting nothing more than for them to save his son. 

-

Time seemed to slow down after that. Doctors and nurses running in with different equipment, shouting at each other. 

Thankfully though, Tony could still hear the constant beep of the machine, signalling Pete is still alive, still breathing.  

-

What felt like years, but must had only been a few hours, had passed before Bruce came out. His face held a small smile, his eyes held hope and light. 

"He'll be okay Tones, you got to him in time," Bruce says, opening the door and gesturing Tony to go in. 

Quickly standing Tony smiles and thanks him, running into the room and seeing his still pale, but breathing son. 

He no longer had blood smearing his face, and is all cleaned of the dirt as well. Letting a few tears fall down his face Tony walks forward, encasing Peters hand into his own.  

Bringing Peters hand to his lips, Tony places a loving kiss to Peters hand and say quietly, "Hey kiddo". 

Tony watch as Peters eyes flutter open, looking around confused until they land on Tony. 

"Dad," Peters voice croaks out, his hand lightly squeezing Tony's. 

Tony smiles at him, a wave of relief wiping across his entire body as he replies "Yeah Pete, it's me bubba. You're safe now."

A tired smile graces Peters lips as his bambi eyes start to droop in exhaustion, "I knew you'd save me. I love you" Peter whispers before falling into a deep sleep. 

Wiping away some stray tears Tony smiles and says, "I'll also save you bud, I love you too". 

-

-

-

A/N- The next ones should be longer but i'm not sure 

- M xx