He sat there and gave me a look, like, I ain't going nowhere.

"Fine. I'm calling the police."

He shot up.

"Man you trippin'." He sucked his teeth. "It ain't even worth all of that."

"Can you put on some clothes please?" I turned my head, as he was standing in front of me with his little bulge, or rather huge bulge, in his underwear making it's presence known.

He snatched his pants off the bed and put them on. I heard the front door open.

"Krissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"You need to chill with the yelling."

"Don't tell me what to do." I rolled my eyes at this home intruder.

"What you yellin' fo?" Kris walked into the room. He looked at the dude.

"Nigga I said anywhere but here!"

"I tried all the beds, this was the most comfortable."

"This ain't no fucking Goldielocks nigga." Kris scrunched his face at him.

"Tell your little friend he needs to leave or I'm calling the police."

"Can't do that Ki."

"What you mean? You can't just invite someone to stay at my house."

"He aint' got nowhere else to go."

"So!"

"Aug let me talk to her a min."

"Please do." He said with a hint of an attitude and sat back on my bed.

Kris grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into the hall, closing the door.

"I need you to do me this favor." He whispered, pleading.

"Kris, I'm already doing you a favor by letting you stay here. And that's only because you my brother"

"I know Ki, but he just got and --."

"He just got out of jail?" My eyes widening with shock as I said this loudly.

"Can you not be so loud? Damn."

"No. No. No. No." I shook my head. "He has to go. I don't want some ex-con in my house. He could kill me. Rape me. Take everything we got." I wildly flailed my arms.

Kris pulled me into the living the room.

"He a good dude Ki, I promise."

"But he was in jail. Yeah, ok."

"Don't do that. I don't wanna put the man business out there, but its' not what you think. You my sister and I wouldn't do nothing to put none of us in harms way. Just let him stay here for a min, till he can get off his feet."

"A week Kris." I shook my head. This was so frustrating.

" Make it two."

"A week." I stared at him steaming mad. "You don't do this to people Kris. You ask first."

"I didn't know he was getting out. He called me and I wasn't bout to leave him stranded."

"Where is his family?"

"Ain't got none. His mom died while he was locked up. He the only child."

My heart softened just a tiny, tiny, bit hearing that.