12. 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓐𝓭𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓮

Start from the beginning

Avalon didn't go with James and Birdie to tell Dumbledore, and for some reason she felt she should have because ever since they came out of his office their relationship hasn't been the same. Although James wouldn't tell anyone what went wrong, he had informed everyone that they had broken up and they weren't getting back together.

The Headmaster had sent her a letter encouraging her not to speak to anyone, including James and Birdie about what happened in the forest.

It was days after the incident that she had came upon Professor Dumbledore face to face in the corridor. She was bored out of her brains waiting for her friends, minus Dorcas who was in the library, to get out of a detention. They had skipped an entire school day to set up her party, the Professors were pretty mad when most of their sixth and seventh year Gryffindor students failed to show up to class.

"Miss Potter," he greeted cheerfully, "just the person I was hoping I would see. Having a good week I presume."

"Never a dull day at Hogwarts," said Avalon with a smile. It wasn't that she didn't like her Headmaster there was just something inherently off about him. Sirius had always said he didn't trust Dumbledore and that had always stuck with her. Remus on the other hand thinks he's brilliant, and that had also stuck with her because he's usually a really good judge of character. So she and James had decided they would sit in between and be the neutral party.

"I was wondering weather or not we could speak about certain events that took place in the forest."

She nodded and he invited her up to his office. The walk was silent, until Dumbledore asked her how her school work was going.

"Good," she answered, just like she did whenever her an old relative asked her the same thing - it's not like she could say boring, or that she wished she could live on an island so she didn't have to do any homework, and put up with Slughorn inviting her to his little club thingy every two minutes.

"Yes, school was boring for me as well at your age. If I remember correctly you're learning about changing the colour of your eyebrows in Transfiguration, and perhaps Felix Felicis in Potion. I believe it was conjuring water in Charms."

"That's correct," she answered.

"In Herbology it would be Snargaluff pods, and I can't say I can predict the Defence Against Dark Arts curriculum, it changes as much as it's teacher does. In Divination you would be learning about reoccurring dreams - how do you find the subject? I can't say I took it myself when I was in school as that would be a lie."

"I'm not exactly the best as it," she answered, "I usually just pretend what I see is bad and she seems to get to frightened to give me a bad grade." She flung her eyes open in shock after realising who she was talking to. Thankfully Dumbledore just laughed.

"Yes, I do believe Professor Ruffleweather can be quite dramatic."

They walked in silence for a bit more, before Avalon decided to ask, "is it bad if you're constantly having a dream about an event in your life you wouldn't usually remember?"

Dumbledore smiled as they came to a stop at the Gargoyle that guarded his office, "I don't believe so," he answered, "sometimes dreams try and tell you things, perhaps something you haven't acknowledged or have forgotten."

He told the Gargoyle the password and she followed him up the stairs, wondering what the hell could she could have forgotten.