12. 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓐𝓭𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓮

Start from the beginning

Avalon quickly sped up until she could see the scene unfolding. Two hooded figures, one was holding a wand faced directly at her brother and Birdie who were standing with their backs pressed against the trunk of a tree. The other figure was standing directly next to the other one, but he had his back turned and was facing in the opposite direction.

"We are two teenagers in the middle of a forest, with no one for miles, what do you think we were doing?" Said Birdie sarcastically, the hooded figure holding his wand at them grunted.

"We haven't even seen your faces, you could just let us go," said James, the wand guy stepped forward.

"Her perhaps," he said pointing to Birdie, "it would be a shame to spill such pure blood, but you Mr Potter...your family...your parents...I'm afraid that if I let you go, I would never forgive myself."

He redirected his wand so it was solely pointed at James. The colour drained from Avalon's face as she felt around for her own wand, but she couldn't find it. All logic flew from her mind as she began walk directly towards the danger, but before he could get to close she stepped on a branch and it broke in half with a loud crack, just like in the books and movies.

All eyes looked over to where she was standing, thankfully she was hidden by some overlapped trees. The one with his back turned stepped back and whispered something into his friends ear.

"But...fine." With that the wand pointer reached into his pocket, pulled out another two wands, threw them at the two teenagers, and together with his companion grabbed a metal pipe that was sitting on the ground. They immediately disappeared.

"JAMES!" said Avalon running around the trees and over to her brother, flinging her arms around him.

Avalon Potter could pretend to be tough and not afraid of anything - but it was a lie, because in that moment she was afraid. Afraid, terrified in fact, that she would never see her brother again.

"Ava? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU COULD HAVE BEEN HURT!" Bellowed James hugging her back.

"Who were they? What were you doing?"

"We don't know," said Birdie, "they came out of nowhere, we were talking and then we heard muffled voices, and boom they were there."

"We couldn't even see their faces, their hoods covered them," finished James, "we have to warn Dumbledore."

"We were throwing a forbidden party in the Forbidden Forest, like that's going to go down well," stated Avalon staring at her brother with her arms crossed.

"AVA! JAMES! BIRDIE!"

"GUYS WHERE ARE YOU?"

"I SWEAR TO MERLIN WHEN I FIND THEM I'M GOING TO RING THEIR NECKS. MAKING ME WALK THIS FAR IN HIGH-HEELS...IN THE WOODS!"

"GUYS OVER HERE!" Yelled James to their group of friends.

"Maybe it's best if we just kept this between us three," mentioned Birdie, "just until we tell Dumbledore."