2

Jorden POV

Today was a great day after doing a 16 hour shift at the hospital I was off. Well not technically I still kind of had to work tonight the chief of the hospital picked a couple of his surgical attendants to have at his fund raiser to convince investors to invest in the hospital. We were trying to expand our trauma wing and as a general surgeon I was always one of the first people to see a patient in critical condition.

With my dress hanging on the closet door I waited for my best friend Reese to show up. She was going to be my plus one and I was going to do her hair and make up it was nothing I trained for just something I picked up from my mom. I got up and decided to go make a snack because I know how Resse is she go wanna eat. Seeing the burger made me decide on tacos something that I could whip up in no time.

10 minutes later

The tacos were done and Resse was pulling up. Me and Resse had went through med school together even ended up at the same hospital for residency we built a bond like sisters and became inseparable. She was a neuro attending. I never thought of being doctor while I was growing up I wanted to be a dancer. I was a prissy chick danced as a majorette and on the cheer squad but when my grandma got sick all my plans changed.

I wanted to take care of her so I stopped dancing I was already a smart girl but my life became about medicine at 17 I was reading medical books trying time figure out what I could do. The answer shortly became clear i was too late and my grandma was too far gone her kidneys were failing and quickly. I moved back to Detroit from LA after I passed my boards my dad helped me pay for a small home until I got completely settled. Being back home all I could think about was meeting back up with my old best friend but it never happened word was he moved after high school so I stopped looking.

Hearing my door unlock broke me out my thoughts and let me know Reese was on her way in.

"Jo Jo I'm here" she care walking in kicking her shoes off carrying her dress going straight in me room.

"Hey boo I made tacos" she squealed

"Yes girl cause I'm starving and ain't no telling what food they go have" I chuckled agreeing I hated corporate parties the food sucked.

"True that so what am I doing to your head today" I asked looking at her pre blow dried hair.

"I was think a top knot bun" I nodded agreeing

"Cool I was doing the same thing to mine" She smiled before grabbing a plate and a taco shell.

In the midst of eating tacos I thought what better than make a few margaritas for us too. We sat Laughing and eating until she decided she was ready for me to do her hair. After showering she came out with a robe on with her dress under covering it she sat in the chair so I could begin my work.

Once I had finished straightening her hair she looked her self and decided to leave her hair as it was. I was ok with that because it was 7:30 and i still needed to shower and do my hair.