13. Fight Fighters

Start from the beginning

They then started their game. "So hey, I'm gonna go camping tomorrow with my dad so, I won't be around," Wendy informed Robbie.

"Oh, cool, cool, watch out!" Robbie said and I could sense he wasn't paying attention. Wendy laughed as Robbie threw his arm over her waist, pulling her closer to his side. He then glanced back at Dani and me, shooting me a glare.

I glared back as the game announcer said, "Opponent sighted! Fight!"

I then felt Dani start to tug on my arm, her hand still in mine. "Come on, let's just go," she said.

---

Dani and I decided to leave the arcade and just grab some ice cream and walk around town, although I kept quiet since I was too preoccupied with my anger towards Robbie. Dani took notice of this as I walked her home. She stopped me before we walked up to her sidewalk that led to her door. "Hey, Dipper, you okay?" she asked me worriedly.

She looked me straight in the eyes and my heart felt like it had stopped. Just looking at her made all my problems go away. But I just sighed, knowing I had to tell her. "It's just..." I trailed off as I felt my blood starting to boil again and I growled. "Ugh, it's Robbie! He just makes me so mad! I mean, why he have to be such a jerk all the time and how does Wendy even put up with it?!"

Dani placed both of her hands on my shoulders and forced me to look at her again. "Dipper, breath," she told me and I immediately sucked in a deep breath. "Look, I'm not exactly a fan of Robbie either, but I've realized that he's not even worth the fight. Just don't let him get to you, okay?"

I took another breath and managed to smile at her. "Okay," I assured her and placed my hand on her cheek.

She smiled back and placed her hand over mine. "Thank you, Mon étoile," she said, giving me my new favorite nickname.

I blushed and smiled dreamily at her. "I love when you speak French to me..." I stated.

Dani blushed as well and giggled. "Goodnight, Dipper," she said before letting me go and making her way towards the entrance of her house. I was about to leave as well but stopped when I noticed Dani running back to me. She quickly stood on her toes and gave me a peck on my cheek. "Bye!" she shouted and ran inside her house. I stood there, staring and I place my hand upon where her lips touched me and my face heated up even more. I then grinned widely and practically skipped joyfully all the way home.

Man, I'm so lucky...

---

"So, you really can't come over today?" I asked Dani through the phone.

"No, I'm sorry, Dipper," she said from the other end. "Something came up and I have to babysit my client's son, Henry. Don't I, Henry?" the part I assumed she was talking to a baby as I heard it coo which made Dani giggle which made me smile. "But don't worry, I'll see you later this evening for our movie night, okay?"

"Yeah..." I stated, slightly upset. "See you this evening. And good luck with your babysitting job."

Dani giggled. "Thank you," she said. "Kids can be a hassle anyway, but I love them and besides, my job pays more than what I'd be making if I worked at the shack."

"Wow, guess I might have to take up a job babysitting."

"Hehe, I'll see you later, Dipper."

"I'll see you later, Dani."

"Bye."

"Bye..." I hung up my phone and sighed as I put it in my pocket. I was off the side in my living room while I took my call as Stan, Mabel, and Soos were at the table, setting up a game of poker for us to play. My head hung low as I walked over and took my seat. "No need to add the extra seat, Dani can't make it."