"So, pop me into the attic and we can find a way to get you out!" Rebekah told him.

"I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to leave yet, Rebekah. This girl, Davina, she's... curious. Willful, too," he pours himself and Rebekah a drink. "Soon, I shall be able to speak to her, perhaps to even propose a truce of some kind. So, if we can end this war between the vampires and the witches, we'll be able to eliminate the threat to Hayley and her baby. Perhaps then Niklaus and our entire family can finally know peace. In the meantime, I need you to look after Hayley. She is our family now, so I need her and her unborn child to fall underneath our protection. Swear to me, Rebekah." He returns her back to reality, where she still stands in the doorway, looking at him in his coffin

"I swear," Rebekah tells him, and then turns to leave. 

***

Dr. Paige is giving Hayley an ultrasound, and she can hear the fetal heartbeat. The doctor smiles at her. 

"Your baby's heart rate is perfect," Dr. Paige said.

"I knew it. She's a tough one, like her mom," Hayley said, returning the smile. Dr. Paige chuckles and hands her a tissue to wipe the ultrasound gel off of her abdomen, which she does. As Hayley sits up, Dr. Paige notices Hayley's crescent-moon shaped birthmark on her shoulder, and she smiles tightly.

"That's a unique birthmark," Dr. Paige pointed out.

"We're pretty much done here, right?" Hayley asked, ignoring the doctor's observation.  Hayley gets a text from Rebekah, which reads, "Where are you?"

"Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it," Dr. Paige says. Hayley watches as she walks away, to where Agnes is waiting in the next room. She texts, "Bayou clinic with doctor" to Rebekah. Suddenly, a wolf howls loudly, startling Hayley. She gets up to look out the window and sees a car's headlights approaching, which makes her suspicious and anxious. Dr. Paige returns with her medication. 

"Ahh, you know, I'm-I'm actually not that good with pills," Hayley says.

"Heh, neither am I, truth be told," Dr. Paige sympathized. Hayley picked up on the nervousness in her voice, doing nothing to calm her anxiety.  Dr. Paige sets the medicine cup on the table and starts preparing something. A group of intimidating-looking men walk into the clinic and whisper something unintelligible to Agnes. Hayley turns around to see Dr. Paige preparing a syringe, and the doctor lunges at Hayley to inject her with it. Hayley grabs her arm and pushes it away from her, headbutts the doctor to disorient her, and then stabs the syringe into the doctor's neck, causing her to pass out onto the floor. When the men in the lobby see what happened, they run toward the door, but Hayley manages to shut and lock it before they can enter. One of the men rattles the doorknob as Hayley struggles to open the window to escape. When they finally get in, Hayley has already escaped and runs away from the clinic.

***

Outside, Tim struggles to unlock his car, as his hands are full with his fiddle case

"Hello, Tim," Klaus greets from behind the teenager. Tim just stares at him blankly. "I believe you and I share an acquaintance." He grips Tim by the shoulder and begins to compel him. "Be a good lad and help me send her a message." Cami and Davina are still inside Rousseau's, looking for Tim.

"Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!" Cami reasoned. Davina sighs and blinks tears from her eyes.

"It doesn't matter, this was a stupid idea anyway," Davina said. 

"No, it wasn't! Davina–" Cami begins, but she's cut off.

"Just forget it," Davina says, running off. Klaus approaches Cami from behind and hands her a note.