Mercy x Reader • Stay

This is a rewrite from my old book! Go to OneTrueSpirit to see the old version and the other stories but this is where I'll be posting now! ^^

(Y/n) - Your Name
(e/c) - Eye colour
————

You and Mercy, well.. Angela as she told you to call her. Have been friends since you were an Overwatch Cadet. You were 21 and she was 29. Over the course of time while you were training you felt something for her. At first it was just a squish. She was someone you wanted to be around and chat with. She was always a delight to be around. Then after awhile you began to get tongue-tied and you felt a leap in your chest every time you saw those blue eyes.

Every time you were alone you had butterflies in your stomach. Her voice seemed so hypnotising. You've realise that you had a crush on her. After graduating the course, there was this big ceremony and everything. When you were alone with her you decided to tell her that you liked her. Or even loved her. It was all going well, she was alone. You built up the courage to speak with her. But.. she wasn't alone. She was chatting with someone. He pulled her in a warm embrace as Angela giggled softly.

At that moment you felt crushed. She was with someone else and looked happy. You didn't really talk with her much, it's not like you avoided her. But you met someone new and just valued Angela as a friend. It was easier.

About 5 years went by and you and your partner split about 3 months ago. You took it rough, you've been together for 4 years. But you knew you had to put on a strong face as you were still an agent. Now, you were resting in your room. You've just come back from a mission, something with Talon but it was a success.

Angela

It was night and Angela was getting ready to settle in for the night. Her room was a mess as she was in a rush before the two week mission in Dorado. She sighed softly as she finally laid down on her bed. She didn't realise how tired she was until she was in her bed. That's when her phone buzzed. She groaned. Her phone was in the living room. She got up slowly and went to check her phone. She sat on the couch and turned it on.

Angela got several messages from her long-term partner, Mark. She opened the messages. It was several texts.

"Angela?" -Mark

"Angie" -Mark

"Hello?" -Mark

"We need to talk." -Mark

The messages were sent at 10:35pm. It was now 12:55am.

"I'm here, what is it Mark?" -Angie

She sent it and got a message back about a few minutes later.

"It's about our relationship. It just isn't working out." - Mark

Angela stopped for a moment to stare at the message, her heart started to beat faster.

"Why.. do you think that?" - Angie

Angela reread that message over and over again. She didn't know what to think.

"You're never around, we tried to make plans but it just never happened. I can't do this anymore." -Mark

Angela looked at the message, she felt guilty. But it was her job to help people. They've been together for so long.

"But Mark.. you know how busy I am. I can't just quit and leave these people behind." Angie

"Angela, no. I'm sorry but I've found someone else. I'm sorry, but it's over." -Mark.

Angela stared at that message, her heart seemed to have stopped. Tears started to roll down her cheek.

"Mark- please don't do this!"

She typed.

-Sorry but this person isn't receiving messages from you right now.-

At this point she just broke down sobbing. She tossed her phone to the other side of the couch. She hugged her knees as she cried.

(Y/n)

It was hard to sleep, you lay in bed as you kept tossing and turning. "I should go for a walk." You muttered to yourself as you got up. You grabbed your coat and headed out of your room. You closed the door quietly as you walked through the empty quiet halls. Everyone was asleep. You were about to put your earbuds in but you heard soft sobbing. You turned your head to the source of the noise, it was coming from one of the rooms. You took a deep breath as you realised it was Angela's room.

You walk up to the door, you were about to knock but the door was slightly open. You open it slowly. "Angela?" You call softly. You heard a soft gasp. Angela turned her head to see you standing at her door. "Who.. Who's there?" She called out. She's obviously been crying, tears clouded her vision.

"It's me, (Y/n)." Angela turned her head away, avoiding your gaze. She let out a shaky breath. "Vhat are you doing here (y/n)?" She tried to talk in her normal voice but failed. "I was just going for a short walk, but then I heard you crying.. is everything alright?" You slowly close the door behind you and walked towards the couch. She just let out a soft sigh and gestures to her phone.

You pick up her phone and read the messages from Mark.  Angela just shook her head. "He's just broke up with me. Found someone new." Angela said as she didn't move. She just stayed in the same position.

"Hey, I'm here for you Angela. If you ever need to talk I'll be down at my room or in the training area." You said as you put your hand on her shoulder. Angela flinched, but relaxed. She gazed up at you, her blue eyes glistened with tears. You smiled softly and turned to leave. "You need to rest for now, I'll be back later." You yawned. "It's late."

You started to walk away but you felt a hand around your wrist. You turned around to see Angela, she looked away but muttered softly. "Please.. stay.."

You turned and smiled. "Alright" you said softly and sat next to her. You both talked about what just happened and you just gave her your empathy because you knew what a broken heart felt like. You even talked about things to keep her mind off it to make her smile or laugh. It wasn't until 3:00am when she closed her eyes and leaned on your shoulder. You let out a soft sigh and picked her up in your arms. You carried her to her bedroom.

On the way, she wrapped her arms firmly around your neck. She nuzzled into your neck. You blush slightly but you place her carefully in her bed. She looked so peaceful when asleep. You make sure that she's comfortable before turning to leave. You felt her hand again, but this time she intertwined her fingers in yours. You turn around to see those blue eyes staring into your (e/c). In her soft voice, she says.

"Stay"