FIFTY FOUR: Goodbye

Start from the beginning

A memory appeared on my mind again.

"Enjoy your vacation, ma'am and sir." The stewardess said. Kanina ko pa nararamdaman na tinitignan niya 'ko.

She's familiar and I didn't know why. Parang kilala ko siya but I just forgot who she is, ganoon yung pakiramdam.

I just smiled at her and I was about to go out but before that, tinawag siya ni 
Julia

"Miss?" Tawag ni Julia. Nagulat siya pero again niyang binawian ito ng ngiti.

"Yes, ma'am?" She said.

"Why are you staring at me differently a while ago?" Julia asked. Ako lang ba? O familar din siya dito?

"Hey, makikipag-away ka ba?" I whispered.

I smiled. Nakakatakot naman 'to magalit.

"Kasi you're so blessed to have Mr. Lopez beside you." She said. What is she saying?

"What do you mean?" She asked. It's confusing.

"What I mean is, ang swerte mo kasi kasama mo siya ngayon, ikaw yung kasama niya. While there are still few people, dying to see him and dying to be with him so...you're blessed." Sa sinasabi niyang 'yan, parang kilalang kilala niya ako.

"So you mean that you are one of those 'few people' that you are saying?" That's my girl.

"Julia, tama na." I whispered again. I kinda like the way she confront the flight attendant but I also want her to stop. 

"No i'm not. But Misha Keith Lopez does." I stopped. Lopez? Bakit Lopez?

"Julia, please let's get out of here!" Sabi ko. Anong nangyayari? Wala akong maindindihan.

No, it can't be. She's already dead. Your family's dead. Stick that to your mind, Zachary.

"Bakit siya nag resign?" I asked. No I'm curious because I don't have any hint of what's happening.

Buhay siya? Kung ganoon, bakit hindi niya 'ko hinanap? Years passed by and yet wala siyang balak hanapin ako?

"Mas mabuti siguro kung siya yung kakausapin mo about doon. I'll send you the address kung saan kami nakatira so you'll—"

I ended the call. Hindi pa 'ko handa.

Out of my frustration, I packed all my things. I have to leave this place.

Hindi ko pa alam kung saan ako pupunta, if I'll go to where my sister's staying or I'll back in the Philippines, or will I go to a place where I could be alone, or I'll be forced to be with Charisse for the mean time, I really don't know.

But one thing's for sure—I'll leave because I finally decided to be away from her. I will tell her everything later. Because after all, she deserves to know it but she didn't deserve everything that is happening to her.