chapter 9

srry for not updating in a while! an sorry the chapters are all out of wack i have no idea how to fix them! enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

i imagine katniss smiling proudly at happy prim. "i knew that goat would be a little gold mine." she says innocently. "yes, i was referring to that, not the last joy you gave to your sister you love so much you took her place in the reaping." i say drily. "well the goat has payed for itself several times over." she says in a superior tone. "well it wouldn't dare do anything else, after you saved its life. i intend to do the same" i say. were on the same paige now. "really? how much did you cost me?" she says playfully. "a lot of trouble. but don't worry ill pay it back" i tell her.

"your not making sense." she tests my head. "your a little cooler though." she says, i know shes lying. we look into each others eyes until were both startled by the load sound of trumpets in our ears.

the sound startles me until i realize its claudius temple smith. i cock my head listening very closely. he begins by telling us hello, and then inviting us all to a feast. in previous games theres been food ,of coarse, but a few times they have put critical life saving things on the table. then automatically i think of medicine for my leg. i snap back into reality when i hear "you all need something desperately. that something will be at the cornucopia at dawn, for those of you who chose not to go, this may be your last chance." and the arena goes quiet, and i get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. thats when katniss jumps up, i grab her shoulder. "no, your not risking your life for me."

i know she wont listen to me. "who says i was?" she asks, leaving me shocked. "so you're not going?" i ask. "of coarse I'm not going, dive me some credit. do you think I'm running straight into a free for all with Cato and clove and thresh, don't be stupid." she says as if i was crazy. "ill let them fight it out and see who's in the sky tomorrow night." she says foolishly. "katniss your such a bad liar. i don't know how you've survived this long" then i mock her. " i knew that goat would be a little gold mine, its cooler, of coarse I'm not going." i name off all the lies she thinks i fell for. i shake my head. "never gamble at cards, you'll lose your last coin."

from her forehead to her chin her face flushes with anger. "all right now I'm going and you cant stop me!" im mad now. "ill follow you, at least part way. i wont reach the cornucopia, but ill be yelling your name the while way.

then someone will find me and ill be dead for sure." i argue. "you wont make it a hundred yards on that leg." she says in a smart tone. "then ill drag myself, if you go i go too." i insist. "what am i supposed to do? sit here and watch you die." she is so stubborn. "i wont die, i promise, if you promise not to go." i say softening my tone. " I'm ready to argue all day until she says shes not going to go. "then you have to do what i say, drink your water, wake me when i tell you, and eat every bite of soup no matter how disgusting it is!" she snaps at me. "ok done, is the soup done?" i ask as surprisingly, my stomach rumbles. "wait here." she leaves the cave and comes back in a few seconds with the pot of soup. i eat, not complaining about the taste. after i eat she goes to dump out the rest of the soup and to clean up. i sit there thinking about everything that has happened for the last few days, until i hear katniss's sweet voice saying,"peeta! i brought you a treat!" she wants something, she wants me to eat. more...

"I've found a new patch of berries downstream." she says trying to shove a spoonful into my mouth, i hesitate, hoping that they are edible but then i take my first bite. "they're sweet." is all i can say. my memory flashes to a day at the bakery where me and my brother where baking a cake all by are selves, it turned out great and i impressed my mother for the first time. "they are called sweet berries my mother made jam out of them." she explains. "have you had them before.?" she asks while spooning more into my mouth. "no" i answer. "but they taste familiar, sweet berries?" i question. "well you cant get them at the market, they're wild grown." she says. i gulp down another bite getting woozy. "they're sweet as syrup." i say blankly. and then it all makes sense. "syrup!" my eyes widen. shes given me sleep syrup! i cant let her do this. i try to do something but my world falls into a mist. i can feel anger inside of me as my eyes get heavy. as i try to fight sleep it only gets worse, and right before i drift off. i hear katniss's last words to me.they are crude, and they are sly "who cant lie peeta?" and i watch as her figure melts away.