Chapter 26: The Vargulf Comes

Začít od začátku

Matt and Celena sit up in caution and get up to look. 

"What is it?" Matt asks as he walks over to the window and sees a figure walking towards the front door.  Soon, they hear knocking.  

Matt and Celena follow Letha as she opens the door.  There stood Christina.  Celena could barely recognize her.  She was pale and her hair was snow white.  God, she heard of white from fright, but wow.  

"Christina." 

"Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Christina apologizes. 

That's all right, sweetheart. Are you OK?" Letha waves it off.

"Is your dad home?"

"No. Uh, do you want me to call him?"

"No, no." Christina shakes her head quickly.  

Celena and Matt watch from the corners.  Celena couldn't help but frown at Christina, how she was acting.  

"OK. He's probably out wondering where you are."

"Well, please don't tell him I'm here, OK?"

"Yeah. Did you want to come in?" Letha offers.

Christina gives her a small smile and walks in.  She spies Celena and Matt.  Matt waves, but Christina looks over the Celena, giving her a small smirk. 

"I thought I heard a noise. It sounded like someone screaming." Christina walks into the kitchen with them.

"Yeah. I was just making some tea. Hey, sit down. Do you want a cup?" Letha offers. 

"I have tea all the time." Christina says. 

"Yeah, OK."

Celena nods at Matt to follow her.  Matt nods and walks over to the corner of the kitchen to talk with Celena. 

"Ok, does feel a little strange to you?  Why would she come here?  Christina doesn't even like Letha." Celena whispers. 

"How do you know that?" Matt frowns. 

"Homecoming dance.  Letha was chatting with a guy Christina likes.  She looked really upset seeing that.  Sure, they know each other, but I don't think Christina wants to be friends." Celena whispers. 

Matt frowns and looks over to Christina, watching her lips.  She muttered something way too low for him to hear, and it looked like Letha didn't hear it either.  

He looks back at Celena, "Can you pick up anything?"

Celena looks over to Christina and focuses, soft rumbling is made around her.  Christina mostly thought of the woods.  The Sworn Sisters.  Her family.  But most of her mind was blocked.  

"Half of her mind is blacked out.  I don't know if it's because of the meds she's been on or if she's doing it on purpose.  I still can't shake this feeling." Celena whispers.  

"Maybe you should call Roman and Peter." Matt whispers.  

Celena nods. 

"So, do you want to tell me what's wrong? Why'd you leave the hospital?" Matt asks as he walks back over to Letha and Christina. 

"It wasn't safe there." Christina says. 

"OK. Why do you think it wasn't safe?" Letha asks as she places a cup of tea on the bar for Matt and herself.  

"I don't know. Just a feeling, I guess. Like when you're in a dark room but you can still feel a hand in front of your face." Christina says, explaining how it's like.