✶The One With The Blackout ✶ Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god!" "That's so amazing!" "Congratulations you guys!" Everyone crowds around the two and gives them big hugs. "So...what's he like in bed?" Phoebe asks blatantly.

"....He's pretty good." Allison admits quietly. "You better believe it, missy!" Joey says as he picks her up and sits down on the couch with her on his lap. After a little bit, the excitement dies down and the group settles.

"Eww, look! Ugly naked guy lit a bunch of candles." Phoebe announces causing all of them to look out the window and wince. Suddenly they all flinch and wince even harder. "That had to hurt!" Rachel exclaims as they walk away and all settle down once more.

——————————————————————————

"Okay, somebody, somebody." Rachel says as they're all settled on the couch in Monica's living room. Allison is sitting closely next to Joey with her legs draped over his lap and her chin resting on his shoulder.

"Alright. I'll go. Okay, um, senior year of college on a pool table." Monica says as they all quietly whoop. "That's my sister." Ross comments. "Okay, okay. My weirdest place would have to be...the women's room on the second floor of the New York City Public Library." Joey says.

"Oh my god! What were you doing in a library?" Monica asks. Everyone laughs including Allison who gets a playful flick on the forehead from Joey. She sticks her tongue out at him and he just chuckles.

"Hey Pheebs, what about you?" Ross asks pointing a little bit at her. "Oh, um, Milwaukee." She says proudly. Everyone confusedly looks at each other before shrugging it off.

"Uh, Ross?" Rachel asks. "Disneyland, 1989–It's a Small World After All." Ross says while picking at his pants sheepishly. "Yeah the ride broke down so Carol and I went behind a couple of those mechanical Dutch children. Then they fixed the ride and we were asked never to return to the Magic Kingdom." He says, finishing his story.

"I can do you one better," Allison starts as everyone looks at her expectantly. "New York State Fair 1993 at the top of the Ferris wheel. They asked why it was rocking so much." She says while hiding her face in Joey's shirt.

"What'd you tell them?" Monica asks. "We said that we wanted to know that too and asked for a refund of our tickets for the ride because it didn't feel safe." She responds while giggling slightly.

"Freaky." Phoebe comments, "Yeah I already knew she was." Joey quips making Allison go red. Everyone laughs before Phoebe says, "Ooh! Rachel?"

"Oh, come on! I already went." Rachel tries to lie. Everyone disagrees with her quickly and she gives up. "Alright, uh...the weirdest place would have to be oh....the foot of the bed." She says.

Everyone stares blankly at her for a moment. "Step back." "We have a winner!" Ross and Joey joke.

——————————————————————————

It's a little while later and Joey and Allison are laying in Monica's chair together with her completely on top of him while Ross and Rachel have a talk on the floor a few feet away. Allison starts tracing shapes with her finger on Joey's arm and he wraps his arms around her.

"Have I ever told you how good you look in pink?" Allison asks. Joey mumbles a no into her hair and Allison hums in acknowledgement. "Well, you do." She says in a form of meaningless conversation.

She reaches a hand up his shirt and starts drawing shapes on his back before moving dangerously low. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Joey murmurs causing her to innocently giggle. They continue to talk in hushed whispers not noticing as Rachel and Ross's conversation comes to an end.

"You two disgust me." Ross says as he watches them for a moment, "You're sickeningly cute." "It's never gonna happen." Joey says. "What?" Ross asks defensively.

"You and Rachel." Allison says as she turns around on Joey to face Ross. Ross hysterically wheezes and gestures for a moment before asking, "Why not?" "Because you waited too long to make your move and now you're in the 'friend zone.'" Joey says wisely to which Allison nods along.

"No, no, no. I'm not in the zone." Ross says as he tries to deny it. "You're mayor of the zone." Allison quips. "Look, I'm taking my time alright? I'm laying the groundwork. Yeah, I mean, every day I get just a little bit closer to..." "Priesthood!" Joey interrupts Ross's monologue.

"Yeah, well, what about you two? You guys were friends first!" Ross accuses. "Yeah but we were touchy friends. We were destined for each other." Joey says making Allison's smile spread across her face and causing her to lean back and muzzle against Joey's neck.

Joey gently stands up causing Allison to frown and making him send her an apologetic glance. "Look, Ross, I'm telling ya. She has no idea what you're thinking and if you don't ask her out soon, you're gonna end up stuck in the zone forever!" Joey gestures at Ross.

"I will! I will, I'm just, uh, just waiting for the uh, the right moment." Ross explains. Joey sighs. "What?" Ross asks. "What? Now?" He asks again. "Duh! What's messing you up? The wine, the candles, the moonlight? Huh?" Joey says.

"Girls eat this kind of thing up, Rossie. We love this, and we're dreaming of something sweeping us up off our feet during something like this." Allison pipes in. Joey gestures to Allison as if saying, 'See?!' "You just gotta go up to her and say, 'Look, Rachel—" "Shh-shh-sh!" Ross shushes.

"What are we shushing?" Rachel asks excitedly as she comes back from the bathroom. "I started talking about my period and they didn't want to hear about it." Allison quickly lies. Rachel gives them a disappointed look, "It's a natural thing guys! Deal with it!" She says.

——————————————————————————

"New York City has no power and the milk is getting sour.~ But to me it is not scary 'cause I stay away from dairy.~" Phoebe sings as she strums her guitar.

"Okay, here it goes!" Ross says as he hypes himself up. "You gonna do it?" Joey asks. "I'm gonna do it!" Ross confirms. "You want me to help?" Joey asks. "You come out there, you're a dead man." Ross says threateningly. Allison frowns but is smiling again within a second as he heads off.

"Ross." Joey stands up and stops him for a moment. "Good luck, man." "Thanks." They shake hands and Joey brings Ross into a hug before Ross heads out.

"This is gonna be great." Allison says smiling.

1541 words