The Surprise

I reached and locked the door so he could not come in a find his daughter gone.

"Girls," Sumaya's dad called from outside the door, "I have some cookies and milk for you all! I also brought a movie and some popcorn."

"Oh ummm...we will be right there. We are changing--hold on!" I said.

"OK, I will wait!" Nick replied.

"Go and turn on Sumaya's shower, so her dad will not worry about where she is!" I whispered to Sarah to do.

"OK, you may come in now," I called to Nick.

"Hey were is Sumaya?" Nick asked.

"Oh...she is in the shower," said Bria, one of the other girls at the party.

"Why?" Nick asked.

"She wanted to freshen up," Caitlyn said, another girl at the party

"Oh, alright," Nick said.

We had placed Sumaya--in feather form--on the windowsill, and we had forgotten that Nick was allergic to feathers. He started to sneeze, so he opened the window and Sumaya flew out the window! She landed in a pile of leaves. We all gasped.

"What is wrong? Nick asked us.

"Oh nothing...we just...ummm--"

"You what?"

"We just...ummm...we just love your popcorn so much!"

"Well thank you. I need to run to the store. I will be back in an hour or so. Is that OK with you girls?" Nick asked us.

"Yes, that is fine with us." We all answered.

After we saw Nick pull out if the driveway, we rushed to the front yard. We started looking franticly through the leaves. Then three of us found three different feathers that looked exactly alike! We started thinking: Bria remembered that Sumaya was stiff as a board, so we checked the feathers. Two of them were stiff as a board, so we threw the feather that was not stiff out the window. We set the feathers on the table in Sumaya's room. We opened the back of the book, and it said we would need the right feather. We looked down at the two feathers. I kept reading.

"Hey you guys, it says here that if you do the wrong feather, it will turn into a pen!" I said to the girls.

"So?" Caitlyn asked.

"So, We can do both feathers!" I said.

"Yeah" we all said!

I was getting out the ingredients out of the cabinets when Nick reappeared.

"Hey girls," Nick called from his car. "Can you came help me?"

"We will be right there!" I called.

"OK," Nick called back.

"What are we going to do?" I mumbled, "Sumaya is still a feather! And we are missing this stuff called...Magic Butter? We might have to go to the store or something, I don't know," I told the girls while walking to Nick's car.

"Hi girls, where is Sumaya?" Nick asked us while handing us some bags of food.

"Oh, she is upstairs the on the phone with her mom!" I told Nick.