Chapter 1

"Don't let them take me! No! I want to stay with you. Please... I don't want to go!"

************************************
Raven's P.O.V

I wake up with sweat dripping of my forehead. Another nightmare. I hate them. The room suddenly began to close in and became extremely hot. I reached round till I found my small water bottle and drank from it until there was none left.

"Ughh. I feel like absolute crap." I grumbled.

"Shut up Raven. Let me sleep before they come" mumbled the boy sleeping a few feet away from me. His blonde, tousled hair covered his sleeping eyes.

What the day was it again? It's hard to keep track when your in a dark cell.

"Hey! What day is it" I whispered.

He didn't reply and that gave me enough information. Goosebumps began to form in my arms and my shoulders shuddered at what's to come. My training has taught me what this meant - fear. Why do these days always come quicker than any other day?

My breath began to quicken as the door slowly creaked open. A man walked in. His footsteps heavy. The sound they made as he moved closer chilled my heart and fear paralyzed my thoughts and movement. I hate this. I hate all of this.

"You. Your first." He kicked me and I slowly rose.

Guess I was bit to slow as he grabbed the back of my clothes and began dragging me across the hallway.

My bare feet felt numb while they dragged across the cold floor. I wanted to scream and kick and fight their hold against me. To finally escape through the grey doors and leave, but I know what that will lead to. I never want to experience that again.

He stopped at a door and threw me into the room. A room I was all to well familiar with. It was filled with plenty of chains and a cupboard full of horrors. I wish I could race out the door.

Dr. Hatton was standing there I'm the middle of the room, a big smile plastered across his face. He enjoyed my pain far too much.

"Raven, I am glad to see you back so soon. Why don't you come stand here for me" he said and indicated to an area with chains hanging around it.

I didn't move. I couldn't, wouldn't.

"Raven. I said come stand here. I won't ask again."

Again I stood perfectly still' staring at the cupboard in the corner. Dr Hatton clicked his fingers. Two guards standing in the shadows behind him instantly came forward. They grabbed me by the arms and lifted me forwards, towards the chains.

My brain suddenly kicked into action and I began to scream and beg, my legs flailing everywhere in an attempt to get away.

My attempt was useless.

They began clasping me into the chains. Both my arms were stretched above my head and I was suspended in the air. Again I tried to move and flung my body around until I was exhausted. I knew how hopeless this was but I couldn't not try.

Dr Hatton simply watched me from the sidelines. He did not stop nor help me. Once I became still he began to lecture.

"Oh, Raven. You incompetent child. To think you could escape. You should know better. At least you make this part fun. Yes Raven, it is amusing to watch you suffer. Let's start shall we. It's been too long"

I trembled and began to beg before he started. "Doctor, please hav-"

"Silence! Not another word unless they are cries of pain. This is what you deserve and nothing less."

I hadn't done anything. This man was beyond evil. I know I am bad. The things I have been forced to do are horrendous, but I was forced to do it. So why are they torturing me. What was my crime against them?

I could hear him open the cupboard. I couldn't see what he drew out as my back faced him, but I knew it wouldn't be good. I had already offended him by not listening.

"Hmmm. 30 strokes should be good enough. Isn't that right Raven?" He sneered at me. I gritted my teeth. He enjoyed my pain.

"Yes doctor."

"Good. Then lets begin" he drew back the heavy whip in his hand and swung it with all his might. It seared across my back, tearing the light material of my clothes and ripping apart my skin. I screamed loudly and tears began to form in my eyes.

I could here the doctor laughing in the back. I hated him. This whole awful place. I wanted to burn it to the ground. To hell with Hydra.

The second blow came shortly after and the pain was more agonizing than the first. I began to cry. I just wanted it be over. The third sent fire down my back. So did the fourth and fifth. The pain become more and more intense. Parts of my back became numb and I began seeing black dots.

I just wanted it to all be over.
Finally I fell into a peaceful darkness of unconsciousness.

Yay first chapter done! Hope you all enjoyed
Don't forget to vote and comment
Love ya guys x