Seconds turned into minutes as the two shared a knowing love filled smile. Coal brown eyes trapped the hazel green into a comforting wamrth.

Time passed, soon Khushi and Arnav both witnessed the spiritual union of their siblings. And when everyone was busy showering the newlyweds with roses, Mr. Raizada playfully threw the soft petals over a blushing and smiling Khushi Gupta. She warned him with her eyes to stop his antics but the man only smirked in return.

When it was time for her to hunt for the grooms shoes Arnav tried his best to corner her to the surprise of all the Raizadas. Especially Nani, Di and Mami, who could do nothing but stare at the duo with gaping mouths.

The two ran all over Shantivan, almost banging into a confused HP and a fussing Laxmi ending their long chase at the poolside. And it did not take too long for our Arnav to corner the Brides sis Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Now confined by the shackles of strong masculine arms Khushi stood with her back resting on the glassdoors. Mischievious eyes, shivering sighs and fumes of passion were once again witnessed by the ancient pool area. This place was filled with memories of their love and hate relationship.

Kal Buaji pagh phere ke liye Payal ko lene aayengi. Tum aaogi na?
(Tomorrow Buaji will come here to pick up Payal. You will be coming right?)

Nahi..
(No..)

With a laugh Khushi pushed the surprised Raizada and tried to brush past him. Keyword being tried. As that is impossible and unacceptable right?😉

Because as soon as she left his side Arnav dashed ahead and pulled her back to himself. This time her almost bare back touched the warm and hard chest of his beloved. And the man snaked his arm around her midriff.

Khushi....

Arnavji...

Baat krte waqt ab mujhse muh moda to shayad tum saza sunkar hi sharma jaogi.
(If now you will try to leave in the middle of our talks then maybe you will turn red after I declare your punishment).

Unable to take his closeness Khushi turned around and plastered herself to him burying her tomato red face in his chest, whilr a chuckle reverberated all over her body.

Hum vada nai karsakte Arnavji, kyunki humein kal ki tayyari bhi to karni hogi ghar pe.
(I cannot make any promises Arnavji as I may have to stayback at  my place for tomorrows prep).

Feeling a hand rubbing her head Khushi lifted her face to meet the loving eyes of Arnavji. Her own image reflected in those yawning pupils of his.

Ok. Call me if you cannot make it, in that case I will come along with Akaash in the evening to your place.

Feeling elated by his words and eagerness Khushi forgot all her inhibitions and kissed the stubbled cheek of Arnav Raizada. Surprise crossed the features of the otherwise coldhearted creature.

The kiss by the sensuous lips of his woman warmed his cheek giving sheer pleasure to the businessman. As his mind registered the act he smiled at the woman who has now become the reason of his happiness.

AR phir se join karogi Khushi..?
(Will you join AR again Khushi..?)

Ek sharth par..
(On one condition..)

Curiosity filled his Harvard brains making him eager to know about this condition of Khushi. He was ready to fulfil any condition of hers just to feel her presence beside him.

Whats the condition?

Soodh samet...return kiss de dijiye.
(With due interest...give me my return kiss).

And this time for once when Khushi rushed out of the poolside, giggling on her way with the grooms shoes, Arnav Raizada did not follow her but stood still. This playful and chirpy beauty belonged to him and him alone. This fact satisfied him more than anything in this whole world.

The world is a strange place when a heart bonds with the other, somewhere closeby another heart breaks painfully making one face the harsh reality of life. Thats exactly what NK felt like after watching his world become his brother, Arnav' world.

Standing at the terrace of RM two tears rolled down his dimpled cheeks. On one side he felt happiness envelop him watching his reserved and coldhearted brother fall in love. But at the same time he died inside as he witnessed Khushi embrace his very own brother Arnav.

NK could not help but fall for Khushi during the wedding rituals of Akaash. Unfortunately the timing was never good. Nor it will be good ever now. Wiping his tears, for the first time the man smiled a smile that did not reach his eyes.

Perhapz in this lifetime all that he could be for Khushi is.....a true friend.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This one shot is kind of a reality check. I wanted to write a shot where love and heartbreak happens simultaneously as this is life. Everyone can feel differently at the same moment. As in you might be happy right now while I am in pain. Thats the truth about life peeps.