Neaf

It was supposed to be as simple as picking a leaf off a bush in passing, but it turned into much more...

Some would call me a man whore for plucking any old leaf from that bush. Somehow, subconsciously, I knew, I needed to hold Leaf in my hands. There was something special about her...

Hi, my name is Niall and four days ago I pulled a leaf from a bush near my home. She was beautiful, bright green, and untouched by human hands. Mother Nature had birthed a wonderful leaf. Her name is... Was Leaf. Our days together were great but the life of a leaf is shortened when they're taken from their bushes. I didn't know that, trust me if I new.. *sniffles*

Day 1

I walked passed the bush she relied on for life almost everyday. I admired the bush every time, examining it, viewing the life filled leaves it held. One leaf, Leaf, always caught my eye. Her green, brighter than the rest. She was radiant! I couldn't help my actions when I reached for her and gently pulled her off. Call me crazy, but when I did the wind whispered "Yay... Niall take me away..." I knew it was her. She was an angel of a leaf.

I took her home, and stuck her stem in a vase. I sat and starred at her in awe of the beauty she expressed. I reached and caressed her delicate frame. "You're so beautiful..." I whispered. As I did so I considered the fact that I had gone completely mad, but love is love, and this was love at fist sight. I had gotten lost in her beauty, and it was getting late. I decided we'd watch a movie. I brought leaf into the living room and she laid next to me as we watched Wizard of Oz. I fell asleep with her in my arms, delicately supporting her weightless stature.

Day 2

As we woke-up I noticed her tip gently wilting. "I'll change your water babe." I winked at the seemingly emotionless leaf. I laughed at the notion and I swear I heard I light giggle as I got her new water. Later that dayI took Leaf to see her old bush and we walked to the park. I could tell she felt at home. The sun hitting us both with rays of warmth. We sat just looking at the sky, for an hour completely in our own heaven. I looked at Leaf, "I love you..." I whispered almost mouthing the words knowing she heard. As if by magic once again I discovered a voice in the wind, a faint "I love you too, Nialler." Could be made out. A tear ran down my face. I couldn't have been happier at that moment. I leaned and gently pressed a kiss to the little green object.

Throughout the day we walked around the park, as I sang love songs to her. Time hadn't been on our side, however. At the end of the day she had noticeably lost her bright coloring and was wilting more than that morning.

Day 3

Leaf was now completely brown and wilting more than ever. We never left the bed. We cried together, and I sang songs of hope, love, and triumph. Deep down I new she wouldn't make it to tomorrow. Taking her from the. Bush had been my biggest mistake, but its too late now. I could feel her leave me. Her little soul jump into another realm were she could be happy, amongst more leaves. She was happy again I'm sure, I just wish I could feel happy again. "Time heals all wounds." I said, tears streaming down my face, as I buried her next to her original home. The bush. "I'll always love you." I sobbed and left to sulk at home.

R.I.P Neaf.