It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

I walked to the head of the long table and sat down then I placed everything I had infront of me and looked at all of them.

Finally, Matthew stood up and cleared his throat.

"Mr. Horan." He started addressing me. "This is Maura, Gregory and Bobby Horan." As soon as he said that, his eyes widened as if he had just realized that we shared the last name. He shook his head and continued. "They are the people I was telling you about."

Greg's eyes were as big as saucers and I was this close to bursting out in laughter at his and everyone else's expression but I held it in. I had to be professional, right?

Matthew continued speaking. "Everyone, this is Mr. Niall Horan the owner of this law firm and a very brilliant lawyer, someone I look up to even though he's still studying."

Greg looked like a pregnant frog and I was actually worried it'd go into labour.

Silence.

It was silent and I sat back down in my chair just looking at them opening their mouths and then shutting them again like fish.

I refused to say anything until they pulled their crap together and said something.

Matthew looked so uncomfortable, clearly not knowing what was going on. When he couldn't take it anymore, he looked at with eyes that said to say something.

"N-Niall?" Maura asked as though she had just noticed me for the first time since I walked in.

That was all Matthew needed to leave the room, after excusing himself to go and check up on something I didn't even catch but I stopped him not.

Maura soon held her chest and produced an inhaler, using it immediately. As Bobby rubbed her back.

You would think, seeing her like that would have moved me but none of that happened.

I was enjoying this too much. And I couldn't wait to tell Harry about it all.
It was that interesting.

"Y-you... what, what are you doing here?" Dumbest question of the century coming from Gregory which actually made me roll my eyes and speak my first words to them.

"I think Matthew made that quite clear, or should I call him back to repeat himself?" I cocked an eyebrow at him and saw him visibly sigh.

"Niall, son I- " I cut that sentence off before Bobby could get all of it out because the beginning was messed up.

"Ah ah ah... I'm not Gregory, don't refer to me as your son. Carry on, please, just don't call me that." I said and cringed at the thought of him calling me 'son'.

He looked taken aback but I had to find a fuck to give because at the moment I had none.

"N-Niall. Y-you own this?" That was Maura and I rolled my eyes. "We have been looking for you for the past six months now, there's a lot we wanted to talk to you about." She finally gained enough courage to speak without stuttering.

"Is that so, Why? If you don't mind me asking." I asked.

"Well, first of all. We are sorry, Niall. It was bad of us as your parents to just disown you and cut you off like that. It was really wrong and all of us are sorry. Find it in your heart to forgive us." Bobby said and I scoffed.

"You are saying that as though it will change the fact that you still did it." I laughed humorlessly and looked at him. "Now, back to why we are really sat here." I folded my hands infront of me.

"No Niall, please hear us out. It was wrong of us to disown you. It was just a surprise that my, our little innocent baby was gay. Now we've realized our bad and we asking for your forgiveness." Maura said and I turned my gaze to her.

"Gay, you say? Last time I checked you lot threw me out because I broke someone's home." I raised an eyebrow and they all looked anywhere but me.

"It would have been dumb for us to tell the Styles that we disowned you because you are gay in this age so we made that up instead." Maura said and I cleared my throat.

"Alright, enough about all that. What has been done has been done. You threw me out, I had to go through shit to get where I am. Almost gave up my education, but thanks to Zayn. I'm here now. Sorry is a little too late now and it will do us no good so I would like to address the issue at hand." I said in a all serious tone.

It was too pathetic for them to think about saying sorry at a time like this. When they desperately needed my help.

Who would believe, let alone accept such a sorry? Well, not I.

"Niall, please. I miss you my baby brother. Theo misses his uncle." Gregory pitched in.

In that instant, I almost weakened at the thought of seeing and holding my adorable little nephew but I shook it off and looked at him.

"As I was saying, the firm and I are not gonna help you by representing you. I mean I had considered it but this, asking for forgiveness when you need help is the last level of pathetic and I will not tolerate it. You don't know why you are saying sorry. You are just saying it because you need something from me, so until you pull your shit together and really understand what you put me through then I might consider, and I mean consider forgiving you. As for the business deal, this firm will not help you, sorry. You can leave whenever you wanna." I stood up and gathered my file then I started walking towards the exit.

"Niall we are your family, your blood. Please help us. We need you, please." That was Gregory.

I turned my head around and looked at him before answering.

"Blood isn't what makes people family, Gregory. I don't share blood with Zayn Malik but he will always be my brother."

____________________________________

Helloooooooo my sweetest creatures.

How are y'all?

So here a chapter for you. Thoughts?

On another note. Fine Line is out, what's your favourite song/ songs?

Spread the love❤

_Jay_