Prologue: Legacy of the Winged People

Hello, Heart here 😘

I just wanted to say that this chapter will be explaining a bit about some things. Like, what the Winged People are and stuff like that. So, yeah, with that out of the way, feel free to comment and vote, and anyone who follows me, I'll follow them in return. (I pinkie promise)

Warning: It might be slow and boring at first, but please deal with it, I have no other way to explain the story.

Now time for me to shut my mouth and for you to read. Lol 😇
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|Jack's POV|

(Jack is 6 yrs old)
I sat on a cliff in a patch of fresh green grass beside a tall willow tree. The sun was just peeking out from behind the mountains before me, splashing colors of pink and orange across the sky as if someone painted it.

This was my favorite place to come when I just needed to get away from my mom and everyone else. I just needed some peace, some time to just relax and fly freely with no one to tell me what to do.

I'm a Winged Person, we aren't angels, we're more like bird people. Just normal, average, everyday people that can fly. It's fantastic.

The Royals (rulers), King Leonardo and Queen Clair ruled over the Sky Kingdom, living in their beautiful white pearl palace, surrounded by gardens and trees.

I've never been inside that castle but I hear it is beautiful from stories that my mother reads me.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to her, she is probably worried out of her mind!

I spread my raven black wings and jumped off the cliff, diving down towards the meadow below before I pulled my wings up, away from the ground as I glided through the sky.

I kept flying before I reached a group of mountains 5 minutes later, each one having dozens of elegant houses on them.

Welcome to the Sky Kingdom.

I flapped my wings to keep my balance as I approached a white stone house, perched on the top of the mountain with ivy climbing up the walls and pink and yellow flowers dotting the grass around it.

I landed on the doorstep and I opened the door to see my mother, yelling my little sister, who was dressed up in a lovely, flowing gown with her soft grey wings sticking out of her back. Mother turned to me and she frowned.

"Jack! Get dressed right now! It's a glorious day, and we must not be late!" She exclaimed. "Late? For what?" I asked, and mother smiled and laughed in joy. "The time has come, Queen Clair has had her baby!" She smiled as she clapped her hands. "Now hurry and wash up, and wear something nice." She said as she pushed me towards my room. "There's a huge celebration at the castle, and everyone's invited!"

'In the castle?' A smile stretched across my face as I ran down the hall and flew up the stairs to my room. "No flying in the house, Jack!" Mom yelled as I reached the top step.

"Sorry, mom!" I called to her as I dashed to my room, opening the door and closing it behind me. I saw some nice clothes laid out on the bed and I walked over to them. 'This is probably what my mom wanted me to wear.' I thought as I slipped on a white long sleeved shirt and black pants.

After the clothes were on, I adjusted my wings to make sure they were comfortable through the slits on the back of the shirt, and I ran to the bathroom. I washed my face and straightened the feathers on my wings. I looked in the mirror, then dashed out and jumped down the stairs.

"I'm ready, mother." I said as I walk into the kitchen to see her standing outside, her huge black and white dotted wings spread out as she stood on the porch, soaking in the morning sun.