Chapter 10-Reminiscing

Start from the beginning

We were about five feet away and suddenly Jason was in front of me, blocking the tree. 

"Its nothing." He said quickly. 

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him questioningly. "Jason?"

"We should probably go. It's kind of getting cold, don't you think?" He asked, trying to change teh subject. I was not budging. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him. "Why don't you move out of the way." I said calmly. 

"You didn't say please." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes. "Can you move out of the way. Please." 

He thought for a moment. "No." 

I gaped at him. "Jason Mathew Jones, if you do not get out of the way I-"

'You'll what?" He smirked. "I'm twice your size babe." He said proudly. 

"So, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked incredulously. 

He leaned back on the tree and crossed his arms over his chest, still smirking. "I can take you, very easily." 

I looked at him for a moment, contemplating beating his ass until he moves or just giving up. But then again, I don't give up that easily. And evil smile crept up on my face and I decided on a bold move. I dropped my hands and walked two steps forward, slowly. Jason's smirk faded slowly as I walked a couple of more steps towards him. His eyes widened when I stood right in front of him. I laid my hands gently on his forearms and then slid them up his broad chest, my eyes never leaving his. He seemed to shiver under my touch but didn't move away. I wrapped my hands around his neck, pressing myself into him. His hands slid and snaked around my waist, holding me. But his breathing was erratic. He was looking down at me, something strong that I couldn't decipher in his eyes. Inch by inch, i brought my face closer to his. When our noses were almost touching, he closed his eyes and I slowly brought my lips to his ear, skimming them on his cheek before. His hands on my back scrunched up my shirt, pressing me to him more and more. For some strange reason, this felt good. Felt really, really good. Something I haven't felt in a long time. But I couldn't let myself get distracted. 

"Can you take this?" I whispered in his ear seductively. He shuddered lightly and I smiled when something similar to a growl and a moan escaped his lips. 

I don't know what possessed me to be like this, maybe the challenge from him and the fact that i love a good challenge because I've been in one my whole life? I don't know. But the more heated this was getting, the more confused and out of focus everything was becoming. I had to act quick. 

"What about this?" I asked and in a flash I brought my knee up and suddenly he was on the floor groaning. 

I smirked and shook my head. Times like this, i feel sorry for guys because the most sensitive and weak parts of them, is their manhood. While Jason was on his knees groaning in pain, I looked up at the tree. 

There, carved  on the tree was a big J+S. The smile dropped from my face and my eyebrows pulled together. J+S. Jason plus Skylar? No. No way. It can't be. Can it? I mean, it could stand for anything or anyone right? But the way Jason was earlier, trying to hide it, confusion and denial filled me. I backed up, not wanting to see this anymore. It was stupid to come here. 

"Take me home." I said and walked towards Jason's car.

I heard footsteps behind but the movement was a little off. 

"Sky wait." Jason said, a little breathless. 

He must still be in pain. Good. 

"It's not what you think." Jason said. 

We were already by his car, on the sidewalk so I stopped and turned to him, my expression impassive. 

"Then tell me what I'm thinking, because right now, I don't even know what to think." I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest. 

He stepped towards me and winced a little. I must have kneed him really hard. A part of me was feeling very guilty I did that. 

He sighed. "Its stands for James and Samantha."

"Who?"

"You probably don't remember them but they were some kids from your block. They dated in middle school and Samantha wrote on the tree the initials of their first names. Apparently, that was the thing to do back then." Jason said and rolled his eyes. 

"Oh." I said in a small voice. I ran my fingers through my hair as we stood in an awkward silence. 

"Well, this is awkward." I said. 

He scratched the back of his head, his eyebrows pulling together. He looked like he was in deep in thought but then he laughed lightly and humorlessly. "Yea. Awkward." 

"We should get going. I have tons of homework." I said, walking to the passenger side. 

Jason unlocked his car and I hopped in, mentally slapping myself for making a big thing out of nothing. I jumped to conclusions. There was no way that J and S meant Jason and Skylar. Thank God because I honestly don't know what I would have done if that's what it meant. I wouldn't even know how to feel. That's just....weird. Impossible. And besides, I'm unlovable. Unworthy. Jason deserves better than me. 

Jason hopped in and winced again. I bit my lip,feeling guilty I kneed him for nothing. 

"Sorry for, you know. Kneeing you." I said shyly. 

He stuck the key in the ignition and started the car. He turned to me with a small smile. "Its cool. No blood no foul." He said. 

I nodded and turned forward. My life's been all about blood and invisible chains. 

We were driving in silence for majority of the ride. Then we pulled up at my house and he put the car in park. I opened the door.

"Thanks for taking me to the park. It was....nice." I said slowly. 

I was halfway out the car when Jason told me to wait.

"Whats up?"

"Can I ask you something?" He said in a small voice. 

"Shoot." I mumbled. 

"Just out of curiosity, what if it was our names on that tree. Would you have reacted the same way you did today?" He asked. 

My eyes widened at his sudden question and I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Dammit. Help?

"Hey, where the hell were you guys?" I heard Luke's voice from behind me and I jumped a little. 

"Um, I should go." I said and quickly got out of the car and walked past Luke and into the house. 

I nodded to my mom and dad who were sitting on the couch cuddling and ran up to my room. Right when I got in, I shut the door and leaned up against it and slid down. The room felt like it was spinning and something loud was pounding in my chest. It was annoying and i was already hating it. Damn! I need to work out. 

I quickly got dressed in sweats an old t-shirt and I was out, heading to the gym. My mind was beyond trying to distinguish my thoughts. If felt like there were relay racers running around my whole head in circles and I didn't know who the hell to root for. Damn that Jason Jones for making me feel this....whatever it is. I hated it's unfamiliar traits.