016 :::: welcome to the group except we will not speak of this to anyone ever

Start from the beginning

"I can tell, Y/L/N," Severus mumbled.

"You can call me Y/N, you know," you offered.

Severus merely nodded and slipped past you, as if he didn't even acknowledge your little shrine of kindness. Hmph.

When you were downstairs, you were swamped with the familiar smell of fried food, the one thing you had been craving since Hogwarts.

"Who went to—" you sniffed the air, "MacDonald's?"

"Lol that was me," Marlene smiled, offering you a fry (or chip, if your British) which you devoured immediately, taking another and another, until finally Marlene offered to share it with you.

"Where's Lily?"

"She went to go check if we can still go to that muggle art museum now that we've got Snivellus—"

"Severus," you interrupted scornfully, a wave of defensiveness washing over you just about as unexpectedly as it snowing in the middle of the summer. "His name is Severus."

Marlene eyed you for a moment, hesitation evident in her face, before she brushed it off and continued, "Severus on our hands. We'll need an extra person, I mean, it's not like we can just leave him here. That's what Lily said at least."

You almost smiled at Marlene's kindness when she added the last line, and your smile was wiped clean off your face. It was Christmas, for Merlin's sake, why was everyone being so mean?

"Yeah, ok, whatever. What're we doing tonight?"

"We're waiting for Lily to get back, but we found a movie that we could maybe watch together before we head in for an early night. Today was a long day, plus, we have the museum tour from nine to twelve."

You groaned, "I wake up at noon, are you serious?"

"Yes," came a voice as it bounced into the kitchen, grabbing a butterbeer from the fridge, "I am Sirius."

You rolled your eyes and messed up his hair, and he returned the favor. It was comforting to know your best friend always had your back, even if it was in the form of messing up each other's hair.

"I can't believe that tomorrow's Christmas Eve!" You exclaimed, taking a seat beside Sirius.

"I know right? And guess who we get to spend it with?"

"Speak of the devil..." Marlene muttered, as Severus entered the room.

He merely rolled his eyes at the three of you, probably guessing that his presence was not wanted.

"Movieeeee timeeeee!" James sang, holding a big bowl of popcorn and settling beside you on the couch. "I'm so excited! I've never seen a proper muggle movie before!"

"Oh, they're the best. There aren't nearly anything like the wizarding clichés." Marlene smiled.

"I dunno... they're pretty similar... death eater falls in love with auror, bad boy falls in love with good girl..." you weighed them down on your hands, but nobody seemed to be bothered. On the contrary, this made them even more excited.

Severus stood awkwardly at the door frame. You realized that he'd never think he truly belonged with you guys, and there was nothing you could do to change it. Well, you were a Gryffindor dammit, you were going to try.

"Hey, Severus," you said, scooting over and patting the spot next to you, "come and watch it with us, will you?"

"I dunno..."

"Cmon, it'll be fun."

Hesitantly, he came over and sat beside you. Almost immediately, James wrapped an arm around you and pulled you closer to him, and Sirius leaned foreword in his seat behind you as if daring Severus to do something. Lily sat beside Severus, Sirius watching the both of you like his eyes alone could save you from the monstrosity known as Severus Snape, and Marlene and Remus sat beside them.

"Since it's Christmas, I thought we ought to watch Home Alone," Lily said, turning on the TV.

"Home Alone? That sounds like a horror film. Fuck, we're home alone. Will I get paranoia?" Sirius talked rapidly, and you laughed.

"It's a kids movie, don't get your gorgeous locks in a twist," you teased, temporarily in awe of his truly gorgeous hair. You'd really like a spa day with him, but brushed the thought aside as the movie started playing.

"Oh, by the way, Severus," Sirius whispered, barely audible, you straining your ears to listen for an insult, "welcome to the group."

You stopped listening as Sirius lowered his voice and muttered, "Except we will not speak of this ever."

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱