A 'Good' Night

(Miko's POV)

I stand in front of a mirror in the bathroom brushing my teeth before bedtime. I've seen terrible things today... Looks like I'll be having nightmares but at least some boy helped me... I wonder when can I meet the boy again... I guess I put some in my room and go to sleep. After I finished brushing, I bend down to the sink and rinse my teeth with water. I quickly dry my mouth and I immediately froze in place once again when I saw another monster standing beside me in the mirror.

 I quickly dry my mouth and I immediately froze in place once again when I saw another monster standing beside me in the mirror

Holding my breath, my brain begins to think of a way to escape the monster. Suddenly, I think of something.

"Ah... Ouch... My eye hurts... Something got in it..." I pretended. I slowly bend down to the sink once more and wash my face. Crap! Crap! Crap! There's no way! I must not react no matter what. Hang in there! Calm down... It's okay... It should be gone the next time I look, like those horror films.

 It should be gone the next time I look, like those horror films

I lift my head once again and I started to cry in fear a bit. It's still there! It's not going away. He keeps staring at me creepily but he unexpectedly phases through the left wall. I swiftly rush out the bathroom and kneel on the ground grasping for some air. The strength in my legs are none existence now.

After some time, I was able to get up and grabbed a pack of salt on the way to my bedroom. I pour the salt on a bowl and place it beside my bedroom's door. The salt is ready... Even if I see them again, they should disappear if I just ignore them. I'll be fine. My body is still shivering in fear. I lay down on my comfy bed and scroll through my phone searching exorcism. Hm? Prayer beads are good at warding off evil... Sigh~ I should go to sleep... By the time I lift up my blanket, my face became a blank. There's another monster under there.

"M...a...m...a...." Cried the child like monster. Slowly putting down my blanket, I lay down and look up the calling. The salt didn't work after all. What should I do? Do I have to endure this madness till sunrise... I just want a good night sleep... I'm really tired... Tears start to trail down my face because of my frustrations and triedness...

 Tears start to trail down my face because of my frustrations and triedness

Suddenly, I realize something. Eh... Why don't I use the tailsman? I remember the boy said that you have to just place it at the monster and it will disappear. I slowly get up from my bed and search my bag. Here is it. I pick up the tailsman and slowly creep toward my bed. I immediately lift the blanket up and slap it onto the monster.

Quickly taking a few step back, I stare at him for a while and immediately he howled in pain just like the last monster. The same Wu Xing appears on him and he instantly burst into light ultimately vanished into thin air. I widen my eyes in shocked. It really works... It really works!! I jump onto my bed and just lay there. I can't believe it really works. Finally, a good night sleep...

It has been a long time that I had a good night sleep... I was able to sleep soundly. I was able to enjoy the crickets singing and the softness, the quiet and the sense of tranquil rest... I wondered when can I meet him again...