Chapter 1

It was the summer before senior year in highschool.

I was pretty popular.

I was smart.

I had scholarships everywhere.

I had the best family.

I had the bestest friend name Nathaniel (Nate for short).

I basically had it all.

Until I started falling in love with my best friend.

<><>
first day

"Alright alright, come on you two, it's the last time I'll be able to get a photo of you two in high school!" My mom, Hailey Gray, said as she stood with her camera facing Nate and I.

I was wearing ripped jeans, black hunter rain boots since it was raining today, and a white sweater. Nate was wearing jeans, high top converse, a white t with his baseball jersey over it with a baseball cap backwards.

Our school isn't like any other schools. We have sports going on 24/7. They don't just end cause it's the next season, and the weather is so bipolar.

We got our pictures and headed to school. Nate always gives me rides to school. His black lifted ford truck with black rims was the hottest ride around. Or well to me it was.

All the other girls were jealous and upset that I was the one who got to ride in Nates truck. I can't tell you how many girls hate me because of it. Not that I care though.

"Alright I'll see you later, I don't have baseball until 6 so I can give you a ride home" Nate said opening my door for me. I smiled and jumped out the truck.

"That's fine, you know I can always just drive the truck home too if need be and get you later" I said smirking. Nate and his buddies loved watching me drive his truck. Apparently, not my words, seeing a "pretty girl" with a "big truck" is hot as h*ll.

"Yeah maybe, it depends on what mood I'm in" Nate said winking. I laughed and grabbed my book bag. I started to walk away but Nate pulled me back by my hand and hugged me.

"Have a good first day" he whispered and I nodded me head saying "you too" before he let go and walked toward his buddies.

I met my best friend Rain by the entrance like always. We have been best friend since we were in middle school when she spilt her chocolate milk over my uniform.

"I saw you and Nate being awfully close this morning in the lot" she said shoving me a little. I blushed. She saw.

"Oh you saw that?"

"Girl everyone saw that, I think Lindsey was pissed"

"I can't stand that girl, Nate knows he can do better" I said opening my locker and looking at my schedule to see what my first classes were.

"By better, you mean yourself?" Rain said smirking. I blushed harder and shook my head no. The warning bell rang so we agreed to talk more at lunch.

My first class was good ole DE (dual enrollment, or also known as AP, Honors, etc for college credit) English class with Mrs. Drummer, a 35 y/o women with 3 kids and a weird husband. Very sweet lady though.

I took a seat at a table where no one was at. I got my stuff out and started writing down the notes she had on the board. I heard the fakest laugh walk through the door and instantly rolled my eyes.

Lindsey Ford, basically a "I just want money" girl. She's already had 3 nose jobs, 2 butt implants, 7 lip jobs, and has hot pink fake nails. She's practically all fake but all the guys dig her. I personally find her annoying and equal to a trash can.