Chapter III

Hermione went over to "her" dorm and checked for all the books that she would need the next day. All were there including the extra stationary she would need. She saw Draco sitting on "his" bed and looking at her in that way she liked so much. It was like he had all the love of the world in his eyes and all of it was for her. She glanced at the clock. It was 11:30 pm. They had quite a lot of time. "So tell me now." She said to him. "What?" He looked like he'd been woken out of a daydream. "You said earlier that you wanted to talk to me about something. You can tell me now. What were you thinking about, anyway?" "Nothing." He said quickly. "Draco Malfoy! Are you blushing?!" "No I'm not!" he said, blushing even harder. "Come on! Tell me! Why can't you tell me? Do you really have that little trust in me?" "I do trust you, but it's really embarrassing and I wouldn't ever dare saying those words aloud." "Pleeaasse?" she made a puppy-dog face at him. "Fine. You're already so cute. How can anyone say no to your puppy-dog eyes?" she loved it when he said things like that. "He's so sweet!" she thought to herself .

Draco couldn't imagine he was actually going tosay it. He took a deep breath and said, "I was looking at you and thinking aboutwhat nickname I could give you." At this she grinned and scooted closer to him and said, "So what have you come up with?" "First of all, don't laugh. Though this makes it much easier to choose. I was thinking of sweetheart or angel." He said, a little unsure. "I love both so much! I say call me both- sometimes this and other that." "If that's what you want." He loved seeing her happy like this. "So let me think of a nickname for you." She suggested. "No." he replied immediately. She looked heartbroken. "I'm seriously thick!" he freaked out on the inside. "I shouldn't have said it like that!" he put his hand over hers and quickly explained, "It's because I love the way you say my name. It's full of love and I've never had that. My housemates say it either concerned or as if I'm their gang leader. And not concerned in a good way, but as if I'm a depressed orphan. Every other student in the school says it with hatred which I know I deserve and my father says it as if I'm some precious piece of jewellery that will bring him a ton of money once he's sold me. My mother usually calls me different nicknames. Or when she says my name there's only blandness just like the professors." "Oh." Seemed like all she could muster for a reply. "Hey." He said softly. "It's not a bad thing after all. It gives me one more thing to love about you." "You just can't stop being so sweet, can you? It makes me want to hug you every second but it feels awkward sometimes." "It's completely fine. You can tackle me with hugs whenever you want to as long as no one sees us." He grinned at her and she did tackle him with a hug right then. They both fell back on the bed, she on top of him and he felt her soft, warm lips pressed against his. He kissed her back and ran his hands through the thick mane of her hair. She broke away and looked at him with those hazel eyes that he loved so much. "Wait. You wanted to talk to me about something right?" "It was exactly what I told you just now. I wanted to tell you how grateful I am that I have you." She kissed him again, her hands sliding in his hair. He slipped his hands under the hem of her top, and nuzzled her neck. His whole body was tingling with warmth and he was shaking slightly, scared of how strong his own feelings were. She sighed and hugged him tighter. He heard her whisper in his ear, "I'm so happy I'm with you. I don't think I've ever been happier." "Same with me, angel." He whispered back and kissed her again.

Hermione could feel his hand on her bare skinbetween her shoulder blades. She had her own hands under his shirt now,exploring what was under. His second hand had now reached under her top andpressed her closer to him. His lips were on hers, slightly chapped and sendinga tingle of warmth throughout her body. He always kissed her so passionatelyand so full of love. His hands were rough, but warm and comforting and wrappedup in his arms felt like home to her. More than her parents' house ever did,more than the Gryffindor common room or dormitory or even Hogwarts itself evercan. She rested her head on his chest and listened to his hear beat, steady andstrong. "Draco." "What?" he asked, looking at her. "Nothing". I was just tryingto see what you like in the way I say it. It is nice, but sounds like it'smissing something. Draco. Draco... MyDraco. That sounds right." "You're right. It does. It's flawless." He shiftedhis hands to her waist under her top and kissed her slow and lazily, but stilllovingly. That did it. She got up to her knees and started opening her top."Are you sure?" Draco asked her, his eyes hopeful, yet careful. She just nodded her head and threw hew top aside. He sat up and hugged her and kissed her neck. She pulled him close and opened his shirt. His body was cool and right now, all she wanted to do was be close to him and keep him with her forever. She wanted to be wrapped up in the warmth of his arms and lips and body. She thought, "I want to keep him with me like a secret to be kept forever and-"she was woken from her daydream by Draco biting the crook of her neck. She let out a moan and Draco hugged her so tightly that she almost couldn't breathe. "You are a wazzock, Draco!" she hissed at him. "If you really wanted to give me a hickey, at least give it to me some place where I can hide it!" "You know we can heal that with Episkey, right?" he replied. "Sorry. I just panicked." ' "Sometimes you are so bloody thick that I wonder how you even manage to get dressed in the morning."' She took a pillow from near her and pummeled him with it and he was laughing his head off. And oh god, his laugh. It was like a sound from heaven. Perfectly fitting since he was her nirvana.