"Bad news," he started, making sure to raise his voice. "Y'can't live here anymore."

Immediately the crowd erupted, murmuring to each other and sending angry shouts to the four of you. The two men that helped you and him into the village spoke up as everyone looked at each other with stunned faces.

"What?"

"Why?"

You huffed from beside him, muttering about how well he was able to sugar-coat things while Cara sarcastically commented on his bedside manner. Yep. He should've let you talk.

"You guys think you can do better?" He raised an eyebrow, knowing damn well that you could have but not letting you have that satisfaction.

"Yup," you nodded bluntly, and he internally sighed. You didn't even need the satisfaction.

"Can't do much worse" Cara muttered, and you laughed under your breath.

"Listen," Cara yelled to the villagers. "I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but there are no other options."

"You took the job!" A villager said, and Cara sighed.

"That was before we knew about the AT-ST."

"What is that?"

Cara raised an eyebrow. "The armoured walker with two enormous guns that you knew about and didn't tell us."

The Mandalorian could feel your grip tighten in the crook of his elbow, and he looked down to see the guilty frown on your face. The villagers continued to shout and beg for his help, making him look back up at the crowd.

"We have nowhere to go," Omera sighed, keeping Winta close to her. Winta looked up at her mother with worry, the both of them clinging onto each other for dear life.

"Sure you do," Cara shrugged. "This is a big planet. I mean, I've seen a lot smaller."

She continued to fight with the villagers, trying to get them to see that two people weren't enough to fight something this big, and that it had taken out entire companies of trained soldiers in minutes. Cara was trying to get them to see reason, but they weren't letting up.

He glanced back down at your face, watching as you sadly looked at Winta and hugged the Child a little closer.

"You cannot fight that thing!" Cara yelled, and the bounty hunter cleared his throat.

"Unless we show them how."

You both looked at him quickly with your jaws dropped, though it was for different reasons. You laughed and rested your head on his shoulder, a very happy smile on your face, while Cara sighed and rubbed her hands over her eyes. The villagers all started cheering, giving each other large hugs and high fives.

Cara looked back at him with uncertainty, but he nodded at her. It would be difficult, but they could do it.

"We start tomorrow," he announced.

"So everybody rest up," Cara yelled. "You're going to need it."

Everyone started dispersing and she turned back to face the both of you, not being able to help the crease between her eyebrows.

"It's going to take a lot of work."

He shrugged. "Would've been that no matter what it was."

She sighed and nodded, giving you a tiny smile before heading off to the hut she was staying in. He watched the people walk away for a minute before looking down at you, your head still on his shoulder and your eyelids hooded.