[Chapter 1] First Glance

I can feel it, do you?

I can see the silhouette of the pitch black sky as the flare of light surpasses it.

As if I was floating above an ocean of endless clouds, and a dream that felt realistic.

And the heat that surrounds me warms and comforts my cold soul, how pity of me.

I can feel it, do you?

Crash

Asteri's P.O.V.

*Yawns*

"Good morning!"

Hi! I'm Asteri, Asteri Erresse. A girl with a positive vibe and spirit! My father was once an astronomer, but unfortunately, some people cannot live longer in this world. He died when I was still young. I'd wonder and ask him of all things above us, all beyond our atmosphere. I've always loved to know more! He named me Asteri for it also stands the name stars.

Having an astronomer by your side, made me closer to the universe, and made made draw happiness.

"Good noon, Grandma!"

"Good noon, dear." she approached me with a big smile.

"Dear, I have a surprise for you." she said.

"What is it, Grandma?'' I said in confusion.

"Look." she pointed at the tv screen that had been noisy since I woke up.

"A comet with an orbital period of 3000 years will pass by today, it can be visible to the naked eye but unfortunately, it can only be seen in several places." The announcer said, and I was quite excited about this, however, I cannot express this to papa, I really miss him so much.

And it made me feel lonely because, after I got stuck at the trance of the television, grandma was nowhere to be seen.

"What's wrong with her?" I said in confusion, knowing that Grandma has always been in a good mood.

She then was back, holding a box ornamented with a yellow wrapper tied in a red ribbon.

"Gramma, I should have known!" I said with a grumpy face.

"Well it's the least I could do. Here." She said, offering me the box that was quite huge for an ordinary gift.

I opened the box, and to my surprise I saw a telescope. I've always wanted one, but I never realized that my dreams would finally come true. It was for me! For my birthday today! October 5, in the year of 2019.

"It was your father's." She'd always tell me of quite discoveries my father made but it was after all just a dream.

I hugged grandma and thanked her for the gift.

"Now, I couldn't hold you long enough, you will miss the show!" She said.

I hurriedly changed on to my clothes, and without telling her goodbye, I rushed to go to the highest mountain, the one that I can see a spectacular sight.

It was really getting darker every second the minutes I wasted sleeping through noon was because of my foolishness, oh Asteri what a typical girl you are.