The Canvas of life

Neil a young man , a splendid artist took away many hearts as he was a complete package of perfection. His looks are absolutely drool worthy, and his eyes held a strange kind of coldness and bitterness which surely didn't get reflected via his character but was surely noticed by some people who understood depths.

I looked into his hazel brown eyes and found my fair cheeks flaunting red like a  tomato. I wasn't sure whether I was blushing or this happened due to mere nervousness.  Having such a great artist infront of you surely didnt happen every day.

I , Avni Mehta one of the best selling writers of today's India looked into Neil Khanna's eyes. His soft gaze penetrated through my heart and I could hear my heart thumping loudly. Was it going to jump out? Or was it just my mere fallacy owing to the romantic book I had been reading last night. Romanticism was surely taking over my head and I grew conscious of myself as I felt his brows furrowing, he surely thought I was mad? Wasnt I?

Nervously I lowered my gaze and walked with him through the vestibule as he showed me the way to his cabin. It was a big neatly polished one with so many paintings hung on every visible space on the wall, plenty of canvases lied out there, some completed and some awaiting eagerly to be ready.

He looked at me again and this time in his gentle deep baritone he muttered " Why the hell are you behaving so weirdly Avni? We haven't met for the first time, have we? We've been great friends in the past, then why this sudden awkwardness?".
He asked finally getting irritated by my weird and not so normal behaviour. He had thought that with time I'll get comfortable and open up but my compactness forced him to speak up.

"I know right. We've been very close to each other . But that's past right? And so much has changed amidst us since then. You agree or not but distances distance relationships as well Neil. " I fluttered .

He smiled at my nervousness and pulled me into a soft and needy hug, I'd been waiting for this hug since ages . My heart melted with this as it recieved the required solace it had been looking around for years.

Coming out of my embosom, he held my hand delicately as if I were a soft doll. One that would break if he pressed me hard. His body language,his efforts and the characteristics through which he spoke from his outer body were phenomenal, not only was he dope in his looks but he had an absolutely enchanting personality. Being a writer I observed every minutest action made on his behalf.

I was looking at him, while he had pulled me through the room. It was the nucleus of the room where we had stopped. I looked at the huge canvas infront of us, and felt my vision blurring as streams of tears made way through my eyes.

I could totally correlate with the painting infront of me. It was a bird, a white bird trapped into a cage with its plumage spread out as if it was trying to escape.  The cage was surrounded by a black background. 

I looked into his eyes as I realized he knows everything.  He knows everything that happened with her in these years. 

My eyes lowered as embarrassment hovered me. He held my chin and put my head high up.
"What happened with you wasnt your fault , but what you're doing with yourself right now is absolutely your gaffe." He spoke in his gentle baritone still smiling at me and his face held the same serenity and calmness.

There was a gush of tears from my eyes, how could someone be so selfless and understanding my subconscious questioned as I looked into his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything Neil. I'm sorry for your sufferings and I'm sorry for even myself. " I said as my voice cracked.

"No need to be sorry . I surely was angry on you until I realized it never was your fault. You didnt want to get married to him. You did not love him. You always loved me.